2013 Sodium Perc / Met BB - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm a bit late to this party. Yob had offered me up a bit of perc, so I was staying quiet, but I'm starting to think I should get a bigger stash.

I'm after 10 or 15kg. This also means I'll be chasing some more sodium met as well, **unless someone has an excess of 3kg they're happy to offer up?** (I'm going for unlikely)

So:
- Any takers for the extra 10 or 15kg of perc? (Idzy - you didn't want to split a bag, did you?)
- Any further interest in more met? I'm happy to take 5kg... or possibly more just to get it through.

With apologies to Martin in the event you thought this was getting finalised. :p

mofox1 said:
I think it was a water softener... not really required for melbourne water.

Ah - according to the wisdom of some random guy on the internet, it was an "unknown sequestrant/chelating agent" such as EDTA. Removes limescale, softens water.

The other item listed for PBW was sodium carbonate, but perc will break down into that fairly rapidly anyway.
Limescale removal would be good for those circulating through pipes or for pickup tubes etc? Or do we think the met should lift the stuff on the wall for the perc to get at?

mofox1 said:
Okay, so I'm a bit late to this party. Yob had offered me up a bit of perc, so I was staying quiet, but I'm starting to think I should get a bigger stash.

I'm after 10 or 15kg. This also means I'll be chasing some more sodium met as well, **unless someone has an excess of 3kg they're happy to offer up?** (I'm going for unlikely)

So:
- Any takers for the extra 10 or 15kg of perc? (Idzy - you didn't want to split a bag, did you?)
- Any further interest in more met? I'm happy to take 5kg... or possibly more just to get it through.

With apologies to Martin in the event you thought this was getting finalised. :p
Happy to split and get you the cash for the Met man, we have 1 bag in the stock pile thus far.

Cheers,
Idzy

Sodium Metasilicate:

Colon apostrophe 5Kg
Mardoo – 5Kg
Curly79 – 5Kg
DJlethal – 5Kg
RobP – 5Kg

That's a full bag, so I'll call that as CLOSED.

Sodium Percarbonate:

MartinOC – 1 bag (bag-holder) - DJLethal - 5Kg.
Djar007 – 1 bag
DU99 -1bag
Idzy 1 bag (bag-holder) - Mofox 10Kg

Gents, I hope I've got this correct. Please make any amendments in the usual manner. I'm not fussed how splits happen, as long as I've got a committed bag-ful. You can sort it out between yourselves.

Someone mentioned limescale (Calcium Carbonate) earlier. I can't see any point in sourcing extra chemicals to deal with it, as Melbourne's water is super-soft.

Edit: It's taken me three times to make this post & tidy it up!!

I'd go another 1/2 sack of Perc if anyone is looking. I already have a half in Yob's buy, but now that we've discovered it for laundry and dishwasher we'll be moving through it. Rocks!

Mardoo said:
I'd go another 1/2 sack of Perc if anyone is looking. I already have a half in Yob's buy, but now that we've discovered it for laundry and dishwasher we'll be moving through it. Rocks!
I'll check what Idzy was offering... I thought he was talking about splitting more met, not perc.

If Idzy is keeping a bag to himself I'll go a split with you.

Sodium Metasilicate:

Colon apostrophe 5Kg
Mardoo – 5Kg
Curly79 – 5Kg
DJlethal – 5Kg
RobP – 5Kg

That's a full bag, so I'll call that as CLOSED.

Sodium Percarbonate:

MartinOC – 1 bag (bag-holder) - DJLethal - 5Kg.
Djar007 – 1 bag
DU99 -1bag
Idzy 1 bag (bag-holder) - Mofox 10Kg?
We5ty - 1 bag
Mardoo - 1) 12.5Kg 2)??

Added We5ty's full-bag order I missed previously & added a potential split with Mardoo.

Lets try for another bag of Met ay? If that works?

Idzy - 5kg

Sodium Metasilicate:

Bag 1: (CLOSED)
Colon apostrophe 5Kg
Mardoo – 5Kg
Curly79 – 5Kg
DJlethal – 5Kg
RobP – 5Kg

Bag 2: (tentative)
Idzy - 5kg
mofox1 - 5kg

Sodium Percarbonate:

MartinOC – 1 bag (bag-holder); DJLethal - 5Kg.
Djar007 – 1 bag
DU99 -1 bag
Idzy 1 bag
We5ty - 1 bag
Mardoo - 1 bag (bag-holder); mofox1 - 12.5kg

No confirmation, but I reckon Idzy wants to hold onto his bag, so I'm moving in with Mardoo.

Sodium met added in for splits... need to get takers for the last 15kg or it won't go ahead.

Sodium Metasilicate:

Colon apostrophe 5Kg
Mardoo – 5Kg
Curly79 – 5Kg
DJlethal – 5Kg
RobP – 5Kg

Idzy - 5kg
mofox1 - 5kg

Sodium met added in for splits... need to get takers for the last 15kg or it won't go ahead.

Sodium Percarbonate:

Djar007 – 1 bag
DU99 -1 bag
Idzy 1 bag
We5ty - 1 bag
Curly79 - 1 bag (bag holder).; SPLITS AVAILABLE

Added another bag of Perc. available for splitting.

I'd probably be keen to get involved but timing might be an issue. Any idea when this might end up happening? And where would pickup be from?

How long is a piece of string??

Yob's original order (for about 750Kg!) still hasn't been filled, so I'm guessing Hucon has unresolved supply issues that need to get sorted before we get anything. With the Silly-Season almost upon us, I can't see this finalising before January.

I started organising this before I moved to Kinglake, but I don't expect anyone to drive up here just for 5Kg of white powder.... :ph34r: (unless you particularly feel like a drive?). I'm happy to pick-up the whole lot & drop bits to locals, who can potentially act as pick-up points for others.

There's plenty of time to sort-out splits & drop-off's to folks (mostly in the Eastern 'burb's, 'though). We'll work it out....always have before now!

I think I'd better stay back for a while - have the folks visiting till mid-Jan, so if it drags on past that I'll probably step in at that point if things haven't been finalised.

Good luck with it!

mofox1 said:
Probably better options, but I'm happy to be a regional (Eastern Melb) pickup location.
Hehe! You're just around the corner from Hucon. Maybe you can pick-up & I'll collect from you!!! :p

MartinOC said:
Hehe! You're just around the corner from Hucon. Maybe you can pick-up & I'll collect from you!!! :p
If this can come through before I go back to work on the 14th (I'm guessing we'll still be working out how we can get Yob to take this bb over by then) then sure! Otherwise they might as well be on the wrong side of the city...

MartinOC said:
Sodium Metasilicate:

Colon apostrophe 5Kg
Mardoo – 5Kg
Curly79 – 5Kg
DJlethal – 5Kg
RobP – 5Kg

Idzy - 5kg
mofox1 - 5kg
Tex - 5kg

Sodium Percarbonate:

Djar007 – 1 bag
DU99 -1 bag
Idzy 1 bag
We5ty - 1 bag
Curly79 - 1 bag (bag holder).; SPLITS AVAILABLE

Added another bag of Perc. available for splitting.
Martin I'm in Kinglake for work on a regular basis, don't mind dropping off the white powder. I'm up there every second Wednesday and have a work car with pretty stickers and lights.

In for splitting a bag of sodium percarbonate. In the eastern suburbs (Croydon).

Hey Martin, long time no see....I’ll take a bag of each if possible...Cheers

[SIZE=medium]Just been reading back at previous posts and it looks like I jumped in half winded. I assumed a split bag was 5kg. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I’ll make myself clear. How about 12.5kg Sodium Percarbonate and 5kg [/SIZE]Sodium[SIZE=medium] Metasilicate[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back