2012 Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mell said she'd prefer to go to Lowenbrau for brekky (mango wiezen)!!! So we'll be coming along with our bub Kensi starting at the Lowenbrau - following the previously suggested order:

lowenbrau at 9:00am for breakfast beers
lord nelson
harts for brunch/lunch
Belgian beer caf
(on the Ferry)
Murrys - possibly lunch/arvo tea
4Pines
(Ferry Back then bus to Central)
Schwartz and then home for us!!

If anyone is thinking of brining their kids, feel free to tag along with us!

I would have liked to come along to this and meet some of you fine folk.
Unfortunately on this weekend I will be away with a bunch of hardcore motorcyclists, taking over a small town, drinking heavily and causing a general raucus, as men are want to do from time to time.
As I indulge in megaswill from a keg, I will be thinking of you blokes. Yes I will.

not long now.
lets try to nail down the route.
lowenbrau
lord nelson
harts for lunch
Belgian beer caf
(on the Ferry)
Murrys,
(dip in the ocean)
(get rescued from the ocean)
4Pines
(Ferry Back)
Schwartz
tap house

Sounds good.

Ill be pulling the pin after the Belgian. There is no way I can sustain a pubcrawl over to Manly.

Which is a shame as I have never been to Murrays at Manly.

Start time
How about 10am?
Lord Nelson at 11am
Harts Lunch at 12.30pm?

Cause I am sure Harts would like to know when we are going to be there.

I'll be in the city on a Bucks that night. You never know...our paths might cross... :party:

I'll be in the city on a Bucks that night. You never know...our paths might cross... :party:

What time does it start?
Nothing like a few mango hefe's at 10am to warm up fr a bucks party

Sadly I'm now going to Melbourne during this time.

So is it 9 or 10am start?
I'm in, but probably won't make the Manly ferry ride now.

Lowenbrau opens at 9am.

I "think" I have to take the kid to Swimming on Saturday morning, so unless that changes, Ill be starting at the Lord closer to 11.30

Ill know more in a few days

Not long to go.
Hope everyone's got their leave passes in order.
I'll be there soon after 10, so I'll catch up with you guys if you're not still at the Lowenbrau.

yeah my leave pass is in order, (but I swear SWIMBO will deny me ever mentioning it)
I'll be aiming for a 11.30 start at the Nelson also as have to take the kids to sport first,

Probably be there about 10 myself. Anyone hear whether the great bearded one will be joining us or is he piking

emmmm.....I'd love to meet some people....but....how much is the day expected to cost? :unsure: ....with say, a schooner at each venue, plus food and travel.

Lets be honest these days are never cheap.

If you have 1 beer at each place (and you won't factor 2-3) each beer is still going to average out at $10 each
Lunch is probably going to be $20 and travel from venue to venue is by foot, unless you are going to do the ferry over to manly section which is $14

plus whatever public transport costs to get you to the rocks.

So you will be able to do the math on what it will cost you based on what time you will start and finish. For me going from 11-6 I expect to spend about $150

However what you get back in fun, and networking with your fellow brewer is well worth the cost of admission in my humble opinion.

emmmm.....I'd love to meet some people....but....how much is the day expected to cost? :unsure: ....with say, a schooner at each venue, plus food and travel.
Yeah it's definitely not a cheap one. Depends on how thirsty you are.

apart from drinking excellent beer, you can talk beer all-day-long, (without the person you are talking to glazing over when you discuss the differences between, i.e., Crystal 120 and Special B )
the costs are probably well and truly offset by being a homebrewer IMO

What time is the expected departure from Manly back to the city? Still trying to sort out my logistics.

I have to be in Coogee around 7pm.

Latest posts

Back