2011 Perth Royal Beer Show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

churchy

Reaction score
Hello Perthies has any one have a clue on any details for this years show? I don't want to be left out in the dark like the State comp last year :angry: :angry: If not I suppose it's a reminder to start brewing now like I am and now I'm not enering in every category.lol

Andrew

All the following is very loose until I see the formal entry, but you can work around;

....Entries will PROBABLY close around the end of April with the actual comp being in the middle of June.
Trophies are LIKELY to be;

Best Amateur Brewer
Best Lager
Best Ale
Best Stout
Best Reduced Alcohol
Best Wheat

Entry, LIKELY to stay around the $20 mark.

AABC guidelines. More details to follow, as and when we find out about it.
If you check the link in my signature, there's a competitions page that even non-members should be able to see and we're going to try and keep it up to date as we get the info. Or you could join the club and have me reminding you at the meetings...hint, hint.

So just out of curiosity ... how well does beer fare in the post?

So just out of curiosity ... how well does beer fare in the post?

Not sure, mate. I've never received any beer in the post (feel free to post in the name of experimentation ;)).
That time of the year will be fairly cool, so you might be alright.
Cheers.

So entries on 8 and 9 June only. $20 per entry and you need to have 4 different entries to qualify for special trophies. Wow just one entry is about half the cost of a double batch. Doubt that I'll be making any submissions.

So entries on 8 and 9 June only. $20 per entry and you need to have 4 different entries to qualify for special trophies. Wow just one entry is about half the cost of a double batch. Doubt that I'll be making any submissions.

Also, you need to supply 2 litres of beer...I may be limiting to one entry, I think. With only 1 month to get ready, it'll be an APA.

Fairly sure the entry has to be lodged by end of April and delivery is early June. You just have to decide your brew in a month and have it finished by June.

Fairly sure the entry has to be lodged by end of April and delivery is early June. You just have to decide your brew in a month and have it finished by June.
Correct paper entries are in by April 29th, beer is due for delivery on 8-9 June between 10:00 and 4:00 pm.
GB

Yes, the schedule says that the closing date for entries is the 29/04. Delivery of entries is in June.

Not sure, mate. I've never received any beer in the post (feel free to post in the name of experimentation ;) ).
That time of the year will be fairly cool, so you might be alright.
Cheers.

I'd be posting from QLD where sadly it is never cool in any sense of the word

You could try contacting Cecilia Crawford who's one of the section co-ordinators for the RASWA. Give her a call on 08 6263 3156.

Just recieved an update, doesn't much help out us Best Staters, but for all of you on the wrong side of the country... FREE shipping (from a local drop off point).

http://craftypint.com/news/post/win-out-west/

Not many details at this stage about the drop off points, but certainly makes the entry fee a little easier to handle.

Note the free shipping mentioned above is for commercial breweries only.

Not long to go now.Hope everyone has their lables on bottles.Nev hope you kept mine in the sun, I don't want to embarrass anybody.lol

Andrew

Just labelled my stash, bottled the last 2 yesterday - hope they're fully primed before the 9th!

Note the free shipping mentioned above is for commercial breweries only.

Well that's just stupid ! :angry:

Just labelled my stash, bottled the last 2 yesterday - hope they're fully primed before the 9th!

In this weather ? Might be pushing it. I'd bring them inside near the warmth.

Latest posts

Back