2010 Esb Homebrew Challenge Cup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was thinking about carb time, as I'd like to enter a brew that has been conditioning for a few weeks but I probably won't have time to bottle it until this coming weekend (26th / 27th).

I'm still very much a beginner, and you're right, if I am at all serious about competing I shouldn't rely on that time for carbonation. I'll reconsider entering that brew.

Give it a go, all it is going to cost you is $5 and a bottle of beer. I just bottled as Weizen at the weekend but would have prefered a couple more weeks. Not expecting to win, but still value the feedback for $5.

Give it a go, all it is going to cost you is $5 and a bottle of beer. I just bottled as Weizen at the weekend but would have prefered a couple more weeks. Not expecting to win, but still value the feedback for $5.
$5 is worth it for the feedback. You'll get an honest review of your beer, not a polite "Wow this is nice" comment from a mate.
So be ready to be dissappointed, and with a bit of luck you might impress the judges & win a prize!

All people willing to be judges, stewards or helpers on the day please PM me. It is Saturday the 17th July at Oatley (I will give the address when you contact me) starting at 9 am.
If you have beers entered let me know so I make sure there is no clashes with judges and entries.
Hope to see old and new faces on the day.
Lunch will be provided.

How hard and fast is the 600ml rule?

I won't be able to brew specifically for this comp due to sickness in the family but i have something in a 500ml bottle that I'd like to enter and get some feedback on.

BOG

Good Day BOG
It should be OK if you attach a note that says I said it was OK. Only problem if it makes it to the BOS round there might not be enough for the judges to judge. If that is not a problem then no problem.

FYI- What Barry said is an exception not the rule!

P1

Definately the exception given the circumstances.

Barry knows that it won't be a problem as it's his brew that will make it to the final BOS round!

Still not sure I'll even be able to drop off the bottle yet. Life is difficult at present.

If not , well i'll just have to drink it!

Thanks Barry

P.S What is going to happen for NSW heats for the Nationals? There no comp for NSW brewers. You must be a bit miffed ?

BOG

P.S What is going to happen for NSW heats for the Nationals? There no comp for NSW brewers. You must be a bit miffed ?

Can't remember who is holding the NSW state comp, but when the Hunter United Brewers offered we were told that it was already taken. As expected the AABC website is hopelessly out of date with only last year's details listed.

Anyone in Sydney know?

Can't remember who is holding the NSW state comp, but when the Hunter United Brewers offered we were told that it was already taken. As expected the AABC website is hopelessly out of date with only last year's details listed.

Anyone in Sydney know?

Stuster is doing again via the Castle Hill Show. Put your hand up for 2011. Like NOW ! You coming down to the ESB show?

BUMP

Only a week to go before entries close make sure your entries are in by next Friday as the collectors will be picking up on Sat

P1

BUMP

Only a week to go before entries close make sure your entries are in by next Friday as the collectors will be picking up on Sat

P1

We can still drop them off at The Brew Shop on Saturday before 4pm right?

How hard and fast is the 600ml rule?

I won't be able to brew specifically for this comp due to sickness in the family but i have something in a 500ml bottle that I'd like to enter and get some feedback on.

BOG

Are Coopers PET bottles acceptable ?
(other brands are available)

Just a reminder, deadline for entry is 4 pm today but only at The Brew Shop Peakhurst.

How does the feedback get back to the entrants ? Is it by post, on the web, or do you have to be at the event ?

Do you just put a label on the bottle, fill out the entry form and attach that to the bottle with an elastic band, or should I include a stamped return envelope to my home address?

How does the feedback get back to the entrants ? Is it by post, yes for your score sheets and certificates if you place on the web, yes for the summary of results in this thread or do you have to be at the event ? not essential

Do you just put a label on the bottle, fill out the entry form and attach that to the bottle with an elastic band, yes and don't forget the entry fee! or should I include a stamped return envelope to my home address? Not necessary your entry fee includes postage of your score sheets

Cheers
P1

Latest posts

Back