2009 Queensland Amatuer Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what are the times for judging? Can't seem to find this info and I would like to have a look if possible.

Gavo

Is the judging in the public area of the bar, or is the bar closed for the judging or what? Wouldn't mind a squizz myself as I could probably get down there on the Saturday Arvo.

Guys,

We really need some more help with stewarding for the day. PLEASE get involved, without help we cannot continue to host these events.
Contact me at the shop on 07 38412600 asap if you are able to help.

Kick off 8.00am at the Platform Bar in the City.

Cheers Ross

+++

The event is not a public one as such as everyone involved needs as little distraction as possible for things to run smoothly & it's not a large bar. That said, anyone who's keen to pop in & see how it runs (or even better lend a hand) are more than welcome.

Ross I can put in four hours from 10 till 2 on the Saturday then zoom on up the track to the Valley to start work at 3. See you at the shop Friday to confirm details.

Cheers
BribieG

I should be good to go from 9 am.
Is there really such a time as 8 am on a Saturday? About to find out I guess :rolleyes: .

If I lived closer and was able to help, I would..... :unsure:

Come on guys... ;)

I should be good to go from 9 am.
Is there really such a time as 8 am on a Saturday? About to find out I guess :rolleyes: .

Ross as discussed I'll be there until 2pm. Sorry to the commitee as I did promise the day but I can't stretch the SWMBO goodwill brownie points any further.

Chappo

Guys,

We really need some more help with stewarding for the day. PLEASE get involved, without help we cannot continue to host these events.
Contact me at the shop on 07 38412600 asap if you are able to help.

Kick off 8.00am at the Platform Bar in the City.

Cheers Ross

As a long, long time participant, steward judge and organiser of these thing I cannot but emphasise the importance of people getting in to help, oh and not just fronting on the day, registering to help. Comps are the heart and soul of craft brewing. It is through comps that you get feedback about your beer...rant rave etc.
The big thing about the State Comps is they are the gateway to the Nationals, if you want your State to do well at the Nats then you need to have a top flight State Comp.

K

Just wanted to confirm that Dad and I well be attending to help with the Stewarding. Unfortunately due to other commitments we can only be there from kick off till 2pm.

I understand that there is still a real need for more help so if you can make it along guys please make the effort.

Cheers

Chappo

I'll be hopping off the 10 am train at Central. Unfortunately I'm working from 3PM but hopefully they'll have something for me to do in the meantime :) With the number of BABBs members surely we can get enough people.

Come on guys for Queensland.

Ill be there at 7:30.

Should be a good day with a similar number of entries to last year.

Just finished judging strong lagers and farmhouse ales. Awesome line-up, congratulations on all entries, there were some awesome beers! standard seemed to be well up on last years! (Who brewed the top scoring saison? it was exceptional!)

Just finished judging strong lagers and farmhouse ales. Awesome line-up, congratulations on all entries, there were some awesome beers! standard seemed to be well up on last years! (Who brewed the top scoring saison? it was exceptional!)
Bugger It wasn't mine. :( Could have told me it was Dupont and I'd have believed it. Congratulations to Browndog, Liam, Mossy amongst the winners (unofficially & apparently).

Dammit! Thats what I get for not reading this thread until now. Could've managed to help out in the afternoon. :unsure:

What a great day with some outstanding beers, Yummers :icon_cheers: and a big ups to the Grand for a fantastic venue plus lunch... and to the stewards which made everything run like clock work :beerbang:

Bugger It wasn't mine. :( Could have told me it was Dupont and I'd have believed it. Congratulations to Browndog, Liam, Mossy amongst the winners (unofficially & apparently).

I'm not trying to pre-empt results here BTW :ph34r:

The results could be a couple of days away, the Head Steward will double/triple check them and release them when he is happy.

They will probably be posted here and on the QABC website, maybe even twitted :p

PS there are a few photos of the event on twitter.

Big ups to Grand Central for the steak sangas and the venue, I gave SWMBO a couple of the black jug drinks at the end and was almost chucked off the bus for being in possession of a drunken wife :blink: .
Hey the broncos won to end a great day, (finished at 6am Chappo - will not get there)

Back