2009 Queensland Amatuer Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to see when this was on again and/or where beers will have to go to??? Is it the Competition Schedule that is on the BABBS website??

Would really like to get onto this for this year and put in a couple entries.....

:icon_chickcheers: CB

Hello,

Just wanted to see when this was on again and/or where beers will have to go to??? Is it the Competition Schedule that is on the BABBS website??

Would really like to get onto this for this year and put in a couple entries.....

:icon_chickcheers: CB

yeah, I'd like to get a couple in this as well, never entered a comp, would be good to get some feed-back, good or bad.

Website isn't updated yet but it will be in mid/late September.
Classes will likely be the same as last year, will match whatever the AABC has open.

http://qabc.net.au/
http://www.aabc.org.au/

the top link isn't working for me.

Cheers

So is the comp this year going to be on the BJCP guidelines or on these rather strange looking guidelines? As a newbie to comps I have been absorbing the BJCP stuff and suddenly these AABC guidelines are like switching from French to German :blink:

Of course I have a few months to learn the new dialect but did I hear at a recent BABBs meeting about a possible switch to using BJCP for this year's QLD comp or was that something else?

So is the comp this year going to be on the BJCP guidelines or on these rather strange looking guidelines? As a newbie to comps I have been absorbing the BJCP stuff and suddenly these AABC guidelines are like switching from French to German :blink:

Of course I have a few months to learn the new dialect but did I hear at a recent BABBs meeting about a possible switch to using BJCP for this year's QLD comp or was that something else?

BribeG - The AABC & QABC have always been judged based on the BJCP guidelines - There are a few extra guidelines for the Aussie beers included that aren't covered under BJCP. If you are confused on anything, give me a call. Dates, rules etc will be posted very shortly, our first comittee meeting is tomorrow night at the CraftBrewer Shop (7.30pm) for any BABBS members wishing to help in running the comp.

Cheers Ross

I think ill be brewing for this comp. once I get this Bulk Lot of Grain... :chug:

I want to win more than the "Lucky Door Prize" this year.... :D

OK, hope I'm not jumping the gun here but the decisions out of the QABC committee meeting are that the 2009 QABC will be judged over the weekend of 19-20 September 2009, with closing date/time for entries of 1.00pm on Saturday 5 September at craftbrewer.com. More to follow ...

any ideas as to when the QABC website will be up and running ?

cheers
Yard

It's been called off and all entries should be sent to Chappo Manor for evaluation (and some relabling)... :ph34r:

It's been called off and all entries should be sent to Chappo Manor for evaluation (and some relabling)... :ph34r:

ah ok then,

keep an eye out for my 40 point K&K Stout, it's done with 3kg sugar, brewed in an old portaloo bowl ( rinsed out of course ), temp controlled ferment at 38*C with a good gobful of champagne yeast slurry that i found at the tip.

cheers
Yard

ah ok then,

keep an eye out for my 40 point K&K Stout, it's done with 3kg sugar, brewed in an old portaloo bowl ( rinsed out of course ), temp controlled ferment at 38*C with a good gobful of champagne yeast slurry that i found at the tip.

cheers
Yard

I dont think you got the IBU's to style on that one.......but each to their own I guess :icon_cheers:

ah ok then,

cheers
Yard

ROFL!
Looks like your brewing techniques have at least improved... :ph34r:

I might have to pick up my game? Looks like the competition is going to be stiff!

Cheers

Chappo

The Brewhouse closed a few days after last years judging, hope the same doesn't happen to the Platform Bar. :p

Judging will take place over the weekend of 19-20 September but entries close 5 September so better extracto digitum.

My new bag arrived from Gryphon this morning and is about to get its cherry popped in the next few hours :beerbang:

Plug: any BIABers unless you live near a spotlight and have a Mrs who is a sewing whizz, just go Gryphon, they do an awesome bag. Although they are $43 free delivery I reckon I would have spent more than that on travelling, purchase and taking the material to my seamstress and general fannying around. (no affiliation obviously)

:icon_cheers:

Hmmm, bit late for the Tripel I was going to enter :( (guess what will be in the QLD Xmas case swap).

Let me know what styles you are going in BribieG and I'll avoid them. ;)

Hmmm, bit late for the Tripel I was going to enter :( (guess what will be in the QLD Xmas case swap).

Let me know what styles you are going in BribieG and I'll avoid them. ;)

Mild Bitter Lager, anything American, Stout, Porter, dark, old, brown, but definitely not Belgian.

:p

Joking of course. I hadn't given much thought to the State comp and now it's breathing down our necks :eek:

4 and 1/2 weeks! Easy Peasy! All Ales here I come!

Especially if you do all your brews tonight LOL!

Enter these style Winkle my entries will make your beer taste great!
Pale Ale
American Pale Ale
Bitter Ale
Stout
IPA
Rye Beer
Specialty Beer

Cheers

Chappo

I'm in this year :super: . Looks like its gonna be a big brewing long weekend.
Let the games begin!!

Brad

Latest posts

Back