2009 Queensland Amatuer Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got to work out what beers I have fermenting now and in cubes/kegs that could fit into certain categories.. :unsure:

Maybe ill have to do my "Leftovers A.I.P.A" also to put in... Oh, and ive got a Stout all ready to go in bottles already especially for this Comp...

:icon_chickcheers: CB

Ive got to work out what beers I have fermenting now and in cubes/kegs that could fit into certain categories.. :unsure:

Maybe ill have to do my "Leftovers A.I.P.A" also to put in... Oh, and ive got a Stout all ready to go in bottles already especially for this Comp...

:icon_chickcheers: CB

You should try figuring out where to put a chocolate/oatmeal/expresso stout :blink: .

Qld Brewers...A quick update on some of the prizes...

Champion Brewer - Will get to brew one of their own beers at Eagle Heights Brewery at Mt Tamborine with an accomodation package for 2 included.
Champion Beer - Kegerator (3 keg model) with 3 tap S/S Font.
Class winners - A sack of Barrett Burston Grain of your choice.

Time rapidly running out, so get those beers ready :beer:

Cheers Ross

Qld Brewers...A quick update on some of the prizes...

Champion Brewer - Will get to brew one of their own beers at Eagle Heights Brewery at Mt Tamborine with an accomodation package for 2 included.
Champion Beer - Kegerator (3 keg model) with 3 tap S/S Font.
Class winners - A sack of Barrett Burston Grain of your choice.

Time rapidly running out, so get those beers ready :beer:

Cheers Ross
Better start brewing this weekend then :ph34r:

Any idea after entries are received when the beers will be refridgerated??? Maybe I would be pushing it now to get another beer in?? :unsure:

Brew starts fermenting on 18-8, bottled on 1-9, entry in by the 5-9 and judging from 19-9.. So, 18 days from bottling till judging, pushing it.... :rolleyes:

After entry they will all be stored in the Craftbrewer cold room until the comp.

It could be enough time in the bottle, whats the style?

Any idea after entries are received when the beers will be refridgerated??? Maybe I would be pushing it now to get another beer in?? :unsure:

Brew starts fermenting on 18-8, bottled on 1-9, entry in by the 5-9 and judging from 19-9.. So, 18 days from bottling till judging, pushing it.... :rolleyes:
CB
Someone once posted about carbing in bottle in 4 or 5 days, basically re suspending the yeast daily by turning the bottles upsidedown, would then sit for 2 weeks at Craftbrewer to settle and finish off.
Alternatively, keg, carb and CPBF. ;)
Nige

CB,

We are happy to store out of the cold room any beers that need a little more time - Just advise at the time.

Cheers Ross

Cheers Guys,

Ill like to put 4 beers in, ill have 2 ready to go and another 2 that could be ready if left out until last minute.. ;)

Ill put advise if I get the 2 in that need to be left out.... Oh, a Pale Ale and something else maybe?

:icon_cheers: CB

ordered my bottle carbing device last night :lol:

A kegerator would look great in the corner of the lounge facing the one that is already there. Six beers on tap :beerbang: B)

O/T did you manage to sort out screws for castors / guard rail yet?

Well, my Stout has been ready to go for a while now, my Aussie Old/Dark Ale was tasting good a week ago and should be carbed up nicely.. :D

Just did a Hydrometer reading for my A.I.P.A and A.P.A tonight and its ready to go aswell(at the higher end of Alc content aswell), will bottle tomoz and should be Carbed nicely by the time it needs Cooling for Judging.. :beerbang: Tasting very nice aswell.... :icon_drool2:

:icon_cheers: CB

:huh: ... wow.... Good to know that was happening... :blink:

Sqyre... :lol:

:huh: ... wow.... Good to know that was happening... :blink:

Sqyre... :lol:

Ill try to keep you in the loop in whats happening on AHB through Facebook from now on mate, a little earlier maybe though... ;)

CB

I note that the results will be announced live by Twitter. For those of us who have better things to do with our lives than subscribe to girly gossipy twittery poo and do not hang breathlessly on the twits or twots or twats or whatever they are called, when is the earliest that results will be posted in human readable format and on what website? :icon_cheers:

Back