2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Case Swap beers co-ordination and case sorting / Packing.

Unless someone else is earmarked, I spoke to Clean Brewer (Jody) and he and I have volunteered to run the sorting and packing early on in the evening so we don't all get our own beers back again due to pissed packers :lol:

As soon as the afternoon cools off, participants will be encouraged to take their cases back to their vehicle to clear the decks. Jody and I would like something to do so we don't get totally wasted early on, as we will arrive fairly early due to having to meet closing deadline at Craftbrewer on the way down.

:icon_cheers:

Edit: if the above is ok by Sqyre then I'll PM the participants later in the week and get a finalised 'beer menu' and print out a sheet to go into each case so everyone knows what brew 5,7,18 etc actually is when they drink it.

Settle Bribie and Jody, don't get too carried away. We actually have a very good system for sorting the swap bottles out. Takes about 10 mins.

cheers

Browndog

Settle Bribie and Jody, don't get too carried away. We actually have a very good system for sorting the swap bottles out. Takes about 10 mins.

cheers

Browndog

No worries Browndog, We'll leave it to the pros, no point re-inventing the wheel :icon_cheers:

Case Swap beers co-ordination and case sorting / Packing.

Unless someone else is earmarked, I spoke to Clean Brewer (Jody) and he and I have volunteered to run the sorting and packing early on in the evening so we don't all get our own beers back again due to pissed packers :lol:

As soon as the afternoon cools off, participants will be encouraged to take their cases back to their vehicle to clear the decks. Jody and I would like something to do so we don't get totally wasted early on, as we will arrive fairly early due to having to meet closing deadline at Craftbrewer on the way down.

Edit: if the above is ok by Sqyre then I'll PM the participants later in the week and get a finalised 'beer menu' and print out a sheet to go into each case so everyone knows what brew 5,7,18 etc actually is when they drink it.

Although BrownDog is right in that the system is pretty down pat now the printed sheet is a good idea.
I always ended up printing one out anyway.

It's still a good idea to get the swapping done ASAP. Doesn't really matter how good the system is if everybody's had a skinful...

We had it down pretty well last year though.
Line the bottles up, resdistribute by numbers, try and work out who hasn't actually turned up, send somebody to refill your glass (thirsty work being in charge of the swapping), wack the extra bottles somewhere (there will be some), double check, drink again, and done.

Can't believe we have to wait x whole sleeps (CB hasn't posted just now and I don't want to do the maths as no matter what number it is it's too many...)

WHAT BEER/S ARE YOU BRINGING FOR CONSUMPTION/SHARING??? :icon_drool2:

• "Leftovers" AIPA or Weekend Weizen [CB]
  • Landord-esqe ESB [donated by RDEVJUN]
  • Munich Dunkel [TROYDO]
  • DCs RYE IPA [JLM]
  • SAISON [WINKLE]
  • sch PORTER MK II [NICKB]
  • STOUT-i think [BRADSBREW
  • GALAXY AMBER ALE [SNOW]
  • Aussie IPA or Oktoberfest [BConnery], Various Lambics, Sour Orange Ale and maybe a few surprises
  • LANDLORD STYLE UK ALE [BRIBIEG]
  • Drown kitten amber ale + bavarian wheat [ScoundrelRogue] (6 x tallies each)

Baabra is clean and ready for lovin' :wub:

Will get the chillies for the rellenos this week and make them friday night....

Although BrownDog is right in that the system is pretty down pat now the printed sheet is a good idea.

No wonder you Queenslanders are not allowed in a NSW case swap. System ... what bloody idiot needs a system !!!!!!!!!

You get start drinking till you are half stonkered and just when the first person wants to leave, you remember you are there to swap beer. Stick the bottles on the ground, walk around and pick up some bottles and when you get home wonder why you got three bottles of Swapper A's and none of B or Cs. You swear that next time you'll do it better with a system, but of course next time, you do the same rigmorole again. It's traditional, time honoured, a way of life in NSW. The actual beer you get on the day is irrelevant and in fact its best if you don't know whose beer you are drinking. Otherwise you are forced to actually comment on what the beer tastes like. I find this embarassing as I can never remember if the beer was any bloody good when its time to add comments or for that matter remember which beers I actually tasted, so I just cut and paste someone elses comments (usually Muggus who writes wonderfully literate tasting notes) and say ".. just like he said .. good beer mate !!!"

System ..........bah humbug ! Bloody Queenslanders !

Of course none of my fellow NSW case swappers will read this article, so I'm safe to give that bit of secret beer knowledge away.
:rolleyes:

Baabra is clean and ready for lovin' :wub:

May have to bring along S.A's infamous and now banned (from S.A case swaps) Pink Appendage. Is Baabra up for it :lol: :lol: Is she really ready for that much lovin :lol:

BYB

Okay... I sorted out a workaround for the "no dynamic image URL" rule and have a cronjob run a script at 1 minute past midnight to update the countdown image in my sig... Sure I could have spent my time on something more productive, but this is the CASESWAP!!

The majority would be anyway FG because that's where they come from. ;)
We are all Australians of course so who am I to seperate the REAL Queenslanders from the wannabe's?
Sometimes I am ashamed of myself but not ATM. :lol:

TP

QLD was once part of NSW TP, we're just reclaiming what is rightfully ours :)

(With apologies to those that were really here first)...

I was waiting for you to get in on this Ben so we can surround these Queenslanders and dazzle them with the truth !

We are all Australians of course so who am I to seperate the REAL Queenslanders from the wannabe's?

Another fine Queenslander is there with you TP - keeping these wannabe Queenslanders away ! Viking1_420x0.jpg

Has anyone got Pantera in digital form they can bring? If not, I can rip my 3 CDs. (Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven (not as good as the first 2 IMHO))

I guess I'll need to put your Pantera groupie gear on to listen to them. Do I have to put all those rings in my nose, lip etc or can I just pretend I have them ? pantera.jpg

Actually, I like Queensland, especially when I leave !welcome_to_queensland.jpg

See you blokes on Saturday !

Attachments

• welcome_to_queensland.jpg
    welcome_to_queensland.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 11

That's the problem Ben. We are running out of room fast up here unless we keep on replacing the koalas & other wildlife with New South Welshmen thus turning Queensland into a mini NSW? <_<
Glad you're saying "Sorry" like our QUEENSLANDER PM did. I don't reall feel the need to apologise for something done (Wrong or otherwise) before I was born but I guess that's just my generation?

I was waiting for you to get in on this Ben so we can surround these Queenslanders and dazzle them with bullshit !
:lol:

TP

That should also pad this thread to the 8oth page - things I do to make PistolPatch happy !

Wow look at all that (insert prefered adjective here) music we'll be listing to. Hey kram, I'll make sure Swallowing Shit is on my MP3 player, make sure there's some Pig Destroyer on yours. We should get a good bit of air time for both?

cheers

Browndog

Could see this coming...........................

And this :lol:

The majority would be anyway FG because that's where they come from. ;)
Sometimes I am ashamed of myself but not ATM. :lol:

TP

Back