2009 Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added my name to the wiki.

Will be brewing a Trans Pacific IPA

Looks like places are filling up fast, if we get the Novocastrians on board there will only be three places left to fill

Sorry guys. Just found out I will not be around for July, so will have to miss out on this one

Bummer. I think I have removed my name from the wiki correctly.

The Belgian Golden Strong was fermenting away happily this morning after pitching a 1.5l starter of WY1388 last night.

I am praying to the gods of attenuation now for their blessings.

cheers

grant

Giving this an evening *bump*. A few slots left, and enough time to get something in the fermenter.

Think I'll be brewing a Rauchweizen. Watch out FGZ!

Think I'll be brewing a Rauchweizen. Watch out FGZ!
Yum! Good to see something different.

I'm doing something BIG this year (yes, i'm well aware i haven't submitted anything less that 6% thus far).
Jake The Muss Imperial Pilsner. Plenty of NZ hop goodness, with enough strength to encourage* domestic violence...

*Please note: To violence against women, Mugs Brewery says no!

im brewing mine this weekend depending on how the week goes will determine what i brew as im looking at ether smoked brown ale or a blonde of some sort
might even go further depending on how i feel.

im brewing mine this weekend depending on how the week goes will determine what i brew as im looking at ether smoked brown ale or a blonde of some sort
might even go further depending on how i feel.
By "go further", you mean add some fruit into it for FGZ's sake? :lol:

maybe or honey?
how does he feel about honey beers?
hell i just might make a fruit beer just for him!!!!

maybe or honey?
how does he feel about honey beers?
hell i just might make a fruit beer just for him!!!!
Sounds good! Variety is the spice of life...

I'm all for braggots/meads/ciders/perrys/ginger beers/sakes/sahti/pLambics in caseswaps. You just might scare a few other folk!

i might do a braggot for the christmas swap if i start soon.
i was thinking the honey ginger beer i make but not sure

yes it was, was it the grain version you tried?

I think so?
You had it on tap at the Xmas Caseswap last year.

yeah thats the 1 its still running. got a second keg sitting in the front room.

I just tucked the bsa in for the night, I've been winding the ferm temp up every day for the last week and hit 27c yester-evening. The aroma from the fermentation fridge is quite something, and it's nearly done. Gotto love brewing....
cheers

grant

Hmm, got to get going and brew something for this. I've been far too busy to get anything brewed, but should have something going at the end of next week. Might be something lower gravity which should help to balance out some of the hefty Belgians. Tempted to make a mild and have some fresh 1026 slurry in the fridge. Or maybe a southern brown, or.... :icon_cheers:

I was also considering a mild (even with 1026), or a galaxy pale, or another IPA... decisions decisions.
Any preferences? If I do go IPA, it is going to be a 90min one this time.

Looking forward to everyones beers. I put down a US Porter on the weekend and its coming along nicely.

Cheers
Andrew.

I might do a large (1.5x) batch of Saison using the Saison Dupont yeast from the bottle.

Anyone got any advice re: re-using that yeast? Have added it to 500ml flask... it'll be ready for the 3L flask tomorrow after I pitch my Cali Common.

Am also thinking I'll make some rock candy like the last Saison I made.

Back