2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap - Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek:

ED: You certainly posses a deft touch Andrew. You are beer ninja.

It was going to be all Tettnang but it was left out of my order so I had to make do with what I had on hand. Lucky I had a bit of saaz.

Drunken Fatgodzilla doing best Muggus impersonation

No.16 White Gold Bitter (found at back of fridge behind the stouts)

Open with a great phiitchdzzzcg - poured into stolen pint glass (Melbourne 2008 - what a ripper trip). Beautiful cloudy, golden colour, lovely head (unlike its maker). Lovely flavour .. beery, nice hop background .. the sort of beer you really hate typing while you drink cos its more fun to drink than type. Pisses all over my english style beer which was flat (but I was going for a summer quencher but was just too undercarbonated) - this is beer, as it should be, brilliant. A tad overcarbonated for an english ale, perfect as an australian bitter. Why the f"^ do they make Tooheys New or even Coopers Pale when they could make this stuff.

As usual sir, a great beer and on par with your talent and ability to turn out high quality stuff. My honour to have drunk it!

:icon_cheers:

Na, no bullshit, this is beer as it should be. Drinkable, enjoyable. When I win $30m in Lotto, you are my brewer!
Haha I like the cut of your gib!
Glad you enjoyed it Ian. I'll keep that last comment in mind. :p

Can't remember your beer Josh (have I drunk it yet?)

Saaz, Tett & Cascade - would you change anything? Actually have all those ingredients in stock - may plagarise it!

edit : I have C saaz - is this what you used?
Czech Saaz, German Tettnanger and US Cascade.

Doubt I'd change anything. If I didn't have so many other things I want/need to brew. I'd be doing it again.

The Kolsch yeast works well. Adds a fruity note that works well with the grain and hops.

Hey Lads,

Been away for work for the past 5 weeks but am looking forward to getting back and trying all of these Xmax beers that people have been raving about. Look out for more tasting notes ala Muggus :)

Back