2007 Sa Christmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll suss out which number bus with the missus guys, but there's one that stops literally on the other side of the block from my place, that leaves from outside the railway stn in the city, and we also aren't that far from the Obahn on OG rd, which from my casual (but completely inexperienced observation - I don't do buses) seems to go just about everywhere in the world. Looks like it would be a HELL of a lot of fun on a skateboard too...... It's about 10 minutes walk down the road from here. I think.....
:huh: ***Tries to remember the last time he walked anywhere....:lol: ***

Jeez, I'm going to have to start earning the brownie points.... NOW! :lol:

OK boys PM me with you prefered name and I will make up some stickers for everyone for the swap day. This way we can put names to handles.

Of course if anyone thinks this is a crappy idea, let me know.

Cheers

HK

Hi Guys

I just bought a house and the settlement day is on the 7th of december so i will not be able to make it to the swap meet but I'm still happy to put my beer for the swap case in. Domonsura would it be ok if I droped my swap case off a day or so before the meet and pick it up afterwards hoping that i might get some time away from unpacking to sneek down for a few and meet some fellow SA brewers but can't be sure depends on how tighter ship the SOWMBO is running if its OK with everyone would still want to be involved in the swap

A similar problem myself. I'll be in Sydney that weekend, however I will provide my share. Can I organize an early drop off, and late pickup?

Cheers.

Yep and Yep :)
Drop it off when you need to, and collect when you need to, I don't have an issue with it:)

1 Peas and Corn - Most likely a brown ale
2 Nedelz - APA or Robust Porter
3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
4 Domonsura - Boh Pils or Un-named mystery brew smile.gif
5 BenH - ESB, eIPA or German Lager... still deciding
6 BrauFrau - APA (partial)
7 Adam - Possibly a 3-month-lagering doppelbock if it's any good
8 Homekegger - Hopgarden Belguim Wit
9 wee stu - Bonfire Bitter
10 Rehnton - one of 2 options: American Dark Rye or Best Bitter
11 Choppadoo - Dubbel or APA (whichevers better)
12 Wally - Hefeweizen (not enough time to do a dark strong)
13 Dr Smurto

Hangers on
RussTaylor - None to swap but bringing a few brews - willing to cook the barbie.

Didnt get time to brew this weekend and will all my current beer tied up for this Fridays bucks show at my place i am going to have to opt out of the swap. I am aiming to over cater for the bucks show so there may well be a keg or 2 leftover but leaving it till next weekend to let you know isnt fair.

i will still turn up for the swap day with whatever beers i can rustle up and the ring burning chicken.

Sorry to have to jump ship but i dont want to supply beer to anyone that is greener than a hop pellet.

Cheers
DrSmurto

OK, so now we er:

3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
4 Domonsura - Un-named mystery brew

Hangers on
RussTaylor - None to swap but bringing a few brews - willing to cook the barbie.
Dr Smurto - attending, possibly bringing something to drink, ringburner chicken, but probably not swapping....?
Tangent - attending to sit beside BBQ and drink (all good brother :) )

anyone else?

3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
13 RussTaylor - Oktoberfest (Ok, I'm in as long as it's acceptable to have a mix of stubs, LN's and PET bottles... )

Hangers on
Dr Smurto - attending, possibly bringing something to drink, ringburner chicken, but probably not swapping....?
Tangent - attending to sit beside BBQ and drink (all good brother )

anyone else?

Provided that the beer brewed for the swap does not have to be drunk straight away. Mine will be ready just before x-mas.
if not better in the new year. But hey, This is for fun if I am not right.

Cheers

HK

3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
8 Homekegger - Hopgaarden Belgium Wit
13 RussTaylor - Oktoberfest (Ok, I'm in as long as it's acceptable to have a mix of stubs, LN's and PET bottles... )

Hangers on

anyone else?

Hold the phone!

It seems i didnt do the sums properly and i cant get one of my brews into a fridge to cool down for the party. I took it out of the fermenting fridge for a few days diacetyl rest and will put it back in come sunday to lager.

So i will jump back on the pine and await instructions. Its a german pils but will only have been lagered for just shy of 2 weeks. Tasted it last night at rack and was quietly impressed. I bulk prime and have never had a bottle bomb. Unless you count freezing beer!

Are we capped at 13 or can we stretch it to 14? If not, i will leave it lagering till xmas.

Cheers
DrSmurto

3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
14 Dr Smurto - German Pils, bringing something to drink and some ringburning Jamaican chicken......

Hangers on

Looks like the equiv of 13 tallies by my dodgy maths. I will be bottling the whole 20L so will have a few spare if numbers grow.

Ok, so i have changed my mind (again). not about participating, but the choice of beer. I massively over catered for a mates bucks party as less people turned up and a decent chunk of these didnt want to drink the home brew. Some even refused to try. :angry:

Faaaark them all. Means i now have 3 pilsners left over, one already in keg but my pride and joy is now up for grabs and IMHO much better than the german pils i offered you. Its a Bo Pils, 100% wey pils, 100% saaz. Been lagering for 4 weeks now. Bottling it this week so it should be ready for a xmas tasting. Very keen for feedback as its my first ever pilsner and i spent soooooo much time reading and researching before brewing it.

So how is everyone going with their beers? Are we all on track? What got decided re labels?

Cheers
DrSmurto

If anyone only bottled 13, I'm willing to be bumped out and return to my "hangers on" role.

Actually, I think I'll struggle to make up 14 bottles - was bottled a couple of months ago and is half gone.

3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
13 Dr Smurto - German Pils, bringing something to drink and some ringburning Jamaican chicken......

Hangers on
RussTaylor - I'll cook the BBQ if needed.

Back