2007 Sa Christmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit early in the week for silly arguments isn't it?

All I give a crap about is the beer, there will be no post consumption autopsy from me.. Just consumption followed (hopefully) by a satisfied smile. And maybe some snoring.....

Chuck something in the swap Tangent, I'll call it beer time and time again :lol: - swap you a keg of Whitewash Lager for a keg of that Roggenbier :wub: :party:

I reckon as long as we can drink it before the end of january we're good...

If you need a 13th - i will be in - but only Stubbies.

I currently have enough of the Leviathan BW - came 3rd at this years SABSOSA..
But will need to brew another for the next stubbies.

Ken...

Bit early in the week for silly arguments isn't it?

Probably :rolleyes:

1 peas and Corn
2 Nedelz - APA or Robust Porter
3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
4 Domonsura - Boh Pils or Un-named mystery brew smile.gif
5 BenH - ESB, eIPA or German Lager... still deciding
6 BrauFrau - APA (partial)
7 Adam
8 Homekegger - Hefeweizen or Belguim Ale (Not sure which one yet)
9 wee stu - Bonfire Bitter
10 Rehnton - one of 2 options: American Dark Rye or Best Bitter
11 Choppadoo - Dubbel or APA (whichevers better)
12 Wally
13 GMK - or possibly Tangent????/

Case closed?

Goody gumdrops! We have (at least) 13.

Since Domonsura has offered donated his place as a venue for the swap I think he should have a decent say as to when the swap will take place, whether he wants to host a brewday, etc. etc.

Having said that, I think it would be best if we kept it out of the December 25th-January 1st period for maximum attendance. I don't see why it can't be after the new year; gives people more time to decide recipe/brew/ferment/lager.

Also, if we're doing a case of longnecks... anyone have a spare case of empties? I use stubbies :S

1 peas and Corn
2 Nedelz - APA or Robust Porter
3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
4 Domonsura - Boh Pils or Un-named mystery brew smile.gif
5 BenH - ESB, eIPA or German Lager... still deciding
6 BrauFrau - APA (partial)
7 Adam - Possibly a 3-month-lagering doppelbock if it's any good
8 Homekegger - Hefeweizen or Belguim Ale (Not sure which one yet)
9 wee stu - Bonfire Bitter
10 Rehnton - one of 2 options: American Dark Rye or Best Bitter
11 Choppadoo - Dubbel or APA (whichevers better)
12 Wally
13 GMK - or possibly Tangent????/

hay adam if you need some long necks I should have a dozen spare that you can use let me know if you need them and i can organise to get them to you

Tangent I can only speak for myself but going in it to get some different brew from different brewers, meet some fellow brewers from adelaide and i'm sure i'll learn a hell of alot from it to improve my beer or open doors to new styles. Haven't read the post from last year and by the sounds of it I don't want to. Just looking forward to trying someone elses beers

Ok, I suggest a get together/swap on either the 8/9 December as from the next weekend I go away for a few weeks holidays. I am however willing to wait till early next year to organize a swap. Obviously the longer the better to get a recipe together and to complete primary/secondary as required. But with the time I can get something together, just may take a little time to mature in the bottle.

Welcome aboard Ken, was wondering when you might jump onto this hot train. I am sure you can organize a few long necks to use for this case over the next few weeks. if not let me know, and I will shout you a superb carton of Vb to get you on your way, as I am sure you need some degreaser for something. ;P

I will happily post my thoughts about what I think about someones brew. But I can asure you there will be now friggin fusions of this and lashings of that. It will be that I found the beer to be a good drinking/tasting beer on a scale of 1 - 10 to give the brewer an idea of what "I" thought. If anyone wants me to expand on my thoughts, then they only need to ask. I only hope I get some honest answers to my own brew.

Lets set a date that suits all and a venue to all meet and great if required. I for one will be putting down a brew this weekend for it.

Cheers

HK

8/9 is good for me.

maybe tangent could host it. :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol: :D

December the 8th at my place in Klemzig? Brewday and BBQ? Brew doughing in at Milling and heat up at at 11am, dough in at 12, then lunch. Then drinking :) and sorting out the cases.....Then we have Sunday to recover....:) Sound good?

I'll provide all the stuff for the brew, and the bbq will be limited to snags and bread/tomato sauce and a little salad type stuff to keep it simple - bring a plate of a couple of snags if you can
There will be a Bo pils and a IPA on tap here by then so something to drink, but feel free to bring a couple of brews along for us all to try. Non case swappers welcome to attend. :)

December the 8th at my place in Klemzig? Brewday and BBQ? Brew doughing in at Milling and heat up at at 11am, dough in at 12, then lunch. Then drinking :) Then we have Sunday to recover....:) Sound good?

Sounds good to me. Fairly central. I'll prolly just hang around 'til you've got the boil going. :)

Now being a big girly wirly (and qualified CM) ... what about labels?
Do we put labels? And best after dates? And pretty pictures? And ingredients?

Labels should be on the beer to make sure one knows whose beer it is, and I guess alc%? Any other information optional.

Sounds like I better get cracking with recipe design if this doppelbock isn't any good!

maybe tangent could host it.
what? so i have to be the one to tip the extract and partials out? :ph34r:

I might just rock up with a keg if that suits you Wayne. Maybe if we can empty it I can fill it with your BoPils for the trip home :)

Labels should be on the beer to make sure one knows whose beer it is, and I guess alc%? Any other information optional.

Sounds like I better get cracking with recipe design if this doppelbock isn't any good!

are we assuming all the beer will be drinkable at xmas?

nice work Domonsura
8th is good for me too....ill bring a keg of the beer that doesnt make it into bottles for the case & bunch of fantastic standom sausages.......they are the shite!

Better late than never....

If you need someone on the bench, i did some serious time on the pine this year......

But will be keen to turn up to the swap anyways and meet and greet the local brewers. am happy to bring a keg along. And some ring burning Jamaican chicken for the barbie :D

Cheers
DrSmurto

EDIT - if anyone needs some longnecks i have more than enough to donate. And since a standard batch size yields more than 13 longnecks, have you 100% capped it at 13 or is it a case of the more the merrier?

since a standard batch size yields more than 13 longnecks, have you 100% capped it at 13 or is it a case of the more the merrier?

I for one think "the more the merrier". I don't mind getting "a free longneck with every case" :p

Just tell me if I need to bring along 14, 17, whatever - that's just more different beers to try!

MORE THE MERRIER!!! Well that's what I reckon anyway. There's got to be more than 13 brewers in Adelaide...... :)

Bring that keg on Tangent :) You can take one away with you - I'm keen to keg swap for variety :lol:

OK but I'm not coming for the extract beers, i'm coming because i love the sound of Jamaican ringburner chicken! :)

If you need a 13th - i will be in - but only Stubbies.

I currently have enough of the Leviathan BW - came 3rd at this years SABSOSA..
But will need to brew another for the next stubbies.

Ken...

I want to be in now simply because the name of kens beer, such a cool name GMK.

For those that are unaware it refers to the size of kens guts. lol not really but it does losely mean whale in maybe some ways :lol:
Mythical or more rightly biblical sea monster, mentioned in the bible many times,
Moby dick ale.

Very cool GMK, the beer I hope lives up to the awesome name.

leviathan.jpg

Back