2007 Sa Christmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long can i ask people to wait before drinking my contribution? I ask because my bo-pils is happily lagering away and am sure the longer i leave it the better. If i bottle it this weekend it will probably need at least a month in the bottle. Best on/after Oz day?

Sounds good to me! IMO it would be better to give the more conservative date, where you're sure it really will be good.
I'm putting 23/12 on mine but its an APA. I'll wait 6 months if you tell me to.

How long can i ask people to wait before drinking my contribution? I ask because my bo-pils is happily lagering away and am sure the longer i leave it the better. If i bottle it this weekend it will probably need at least a month in the bottle. Best on/after Oz day?

Best if you write the best after date on the bottle somewhere, too :)

mmmmmmmm Nelson's BIG green hell went into the fermenter last night......I ended up making a 45 litre batch, as I couldn't stand the thought of it being REALLY good and having given half of it away...... ^_^ Finished the boil @ 9pm, pitched yeast at around 10pm last night and by 10.30 it was off....Fermenting away nicely now, smells really good.... :D It will be being filtered & carbed 3 days before the swap day so I'll have a keg of it ready to go on the day if it's drinkable early, but I suspect that it might want some age in the bottle to let the hops mellow.....

1 Peas and Corn - Brown Ale
2 Nedelz - APA or Robust Porter
3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
4 Domonsura - Nelson's BIG Green Helles (RECIPE)
5 BenH - ESB, eIPA or German Lager... still deciding
6 BrauFrau - APA
7 Adam - AIIPA
8 Homekegger - Hopgarden Belguim Wit
9 wee stu - Bonfire Bitter
10 Rehnton - one of 2 options: American Dark Rye or Best Bitter
11 Choppadoo - Dubbel or APA (whichevers better)
12 Wally - Hefeweizen (not enough time to do a dark strong)
13 Dr Smurto - Bo Pils, bringing something to drink and some ringburning Jamaican chicken......

Hangers on
RussTaylor - I'll cook the BBQ if needed.
Tangent - attending to sit beside BBQ and drink (all good mother)
HWMBO - he can be my proxy boozy bloke. And he's quite keen to catch up with DrSmurto. And you know ... he's never
seen me mash or boil!! So he can see you guys do it and no doubt tell me what I should be doing. :rolleyes:

1 Peas and Corn - Brown Ale
2 Nedelz - APA or Robust Porter
3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
4 Domonsura - Nelson's BIG Green Helles (RECIPE)
5 BenH - ESB, eIPA or German Lager... still deciding
6 BrauFrau - APA
7 Adam - AIIPA
8 Homekegger - Hopgarden Belguim Wit
9 wee stu - Bonfire Bitter
10 Rehnton - one of 2 options: American Dark Rye or Best Bitter
11 Choppadoo - Dubbel or APA (whichevers better)
12 Wally - Hefeweizen (not enough time to do a dark strong)
13 Dr Smurto - Bo Pils, bringing something to drink and some ringburning Jamaican chicken......

Hangers on
RussTaylor - I'll cook the BBQ if needed.
HWMBO - he can be my proxy boozy bloke.

Sorry guys and gal. I have some weekend work that has cropped up. (but it still involves beer :) )
I'm going to miss DrSmurto's Jamaican chicken which rocks :angry:
Someone get Wayne to try out the HP reg on a BBQ and see what happens.
Have a great day.
Cheers!

And i had big plans of upping the heat level to instant ring burning just for you mate........

Might have to keep it toned down since we are now in fire ban season :D

Very keen to have a beer with Greg, still trying to convince my partner to join me but she has enough trouble dealing with just one brewer talking beer at her :rolleyes:

Anyone want some Wyeast 3787 (westmalle) ?
I'm busily making a starter and I always keep back 100ml for the next generation.
I can keep back some more 100ml jars if others want some.

I'd love to get my hands on some cheap yeast. Swap ya for a stubby of doppelbock!

Well here it is. Bottled and labeled.

P1000662.JPG

See you next week at the swap.

Cheers

HK

Bummer Tangent.....oh well, next time. Not sure about that HP reg on the bbq... :huh: maybe we should try the 30 second chook cook with the burner from the gas fired forge................

Brau, HWMBO is most welcome, we'll have him telling you what to do in no time...:D I wouldn't mind some of that yeast too if there's an extra few mls......

Smurto - Tell the other half she's most welcome, she can sit & have a glass of wine with the missus who gets just as bored with the beer talk, I'm not sure if anyone else is bringing the other half with as soberdriver but I'm sure there will be more.......

I also wanted to mention that anyone has a camp chair or 2 to bring, do so as it's a looooooong afternoon and I'm not sure how many chairs I have (our neighborhood 'share scheme' works fine until there's more than one event on.....I may have 12 chairs or I may have 6....not sure <_< )

Should be a good day.......now I just have to figure out what's being brewed..... :rolleyes: any suggestions anyone?

Here's my brew, ready to go....

Image002.jpg

The smell is delightful.

Brau, HWMBO is most welcome, we'll have him telling you what to do in no time...:D I wouldn't mind some of that yeast too if there's an extra few mls......
Thanks domonsura. I'll keep back some yeast for you too.

Should be a good day.......now I just have to figure out what's being brewed..... :rolleyes: any suggestions anyone?

You damned right you should be rolling your eyes :)

How about an ESB? You've got that lovely bairds pale choc I've been meaning to try so why not...

Ingredients Amount Item Type % or IBU
10.00 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (5.9 EBC) Grain 88.9 %
0.50 kg Amber Malt (Joe White) (45.3 EBC) Grain 4.4 %
0.50 kg Caramalt (Joe White) (49.3 EBC) Grain 4.4 %
0.25 kg Pale Chocolate (500.0 EBC) Grain 2.2 %
125.00 gm Fuggles [4.50%] (60 min) Hops 27.2 IBU
50.00 gm Fuggles [4.50%] (30 min) Hops 8.4 IBU
25.00 gm Fuggles [4.50%] (1 min) Hops 0.2 IBU

For 50L, approx OG1.053, 36IBU and a beautiful copper colour.

It can be very easily bastardised into a big old ale if you let me >:E

Brau! Your's look very stylish, what are you worried about? (Now I'm worried mine will look bad.... :unsure: ) At least Wally's will be in black & white like mine eh....

Okay, so we're less than a week out, and I'm still deciding on what to bottle and bring along.

------------------------------------

AUSSIE PALE ALE:
3.40 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter
0.20 kg Crystal (Joe White)
23.00 gm Target [10.00%] (60 min)
10.00 gm Fuggles [6.10%] (0 min)
10.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [4.20%] (0 min)
15.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [4.20%] (Dry Hop in Keg)
1 Pkgs British Ale (Wyeast Labs #1098)

OG 1.038
FG 1.004 (4.4% A/vol)
Estimated Color: 12.5 EBC
Estimated IBU: 25.0 IBU

-----------------------------------

GERMAN LAGER:
3.50 kg Pilsner (Weyermann)
1.00 kg Munich I (Weyermann)
60.00 gm Hallertauer [3.70%] (60 min)
40.00 gm Tettnang [4.10%] (10 min)
1 Pkgs Bohemian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2124)

OG 1.047
FG 1.008 (5.1% A/vol)
Estimated Color: 8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 28.4 IBU

(Has been lagering for 3 months)

----------------------------------

Both turned out pretty well (I think), any preferences?

Edit: minor details

What makes the pale ale aussie? The 200g of Joe white crystal? Or is it the english base malt, english hops and english yeast? :)

No harm in giving us a longneck of each..... sure you'll only get one back from each of us but Christmas is about giving. Don't be stingy! B)

Back