2007 Sa Christmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What makes the pale ale aussie? The 200g of Joe white crystal? Or is it the english base malt, english hops and english yeast? :)

Yeah, fair enough! I mashed low, so it's very well attenuated. I'm calling it "Aussie" 'cause it's not real malty.

Anyway, wayne's made up my mind... Lager it is.

1 Peas and Corn - Brown Ale
2 Nedelz - APA or Robust Porter
3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
4 Domonsura - Nelson's BIG Green Helles (RECIPE)
5 BenH - German Lager
6 BrauFrau - APA
7 Adam - AIIPA
8 Homekegger - Hopgarden Belguim Wit
9 wee stu - Bonfire Bitter
10 Rehnton - one of 2 options: American Dark Rye or Best Bitter
11 Choppadoo - Dubbel or APA (whichevers better)
12 Wally - Hefeweizen (not enough time to do a dark strong)
13 Dr Smurto - Bo Pils, bringing something to drink and some ringburning Jamaican chicken......

Hangers on
RussTaylor - I'll cook the BBQ if needed.
HWMBO - he can be my proxy boozy bloke.

Jaysus!

The labelling is uber impressive, does that mean i need to scrape off the Southwark bitter/West End Export labels? :huh:

DrSmurto

p.s. Wayne, having seen your fridge full of 5kg packs of hops how about a hop challenge and see how much of each hop you can stuff into a APA or AIPA?

We have to drop SWMBO at a party on Sunday which means we wont be there 'til around 2-ish.
By that time I expect you'll all be roaring drunk! :)
But will it interfere with the swap process if we turn up at 2?

will it interfere with the swap process if we turn up at 2?

I'm in the same boat - won't be there until about 2, as have the kids swim lesson at 12.

braufrau, I'm interested in who SWMBO is, in your context of course! daughter, mum, or (eek!) mother-in-law? :p :D

We have to drop SWMBO at a party on Sunday which means we wont be there 'til around 2-ish.
By that time I expect you'll all be roaring drunk! :)
But will it interfere with the swap process if we turn up at 2?

uhhhhhhhhhhhh... :huh: isn't the brewday Saturday the 8th?..........

Of course it is :) Lucky I told you eh, or you would have interrupted my hangover on Sunday....:lol:

OK! I am in need of some longnecks!

Is there anyone roundabouts the Western suburbs whom I can steal a dozen longnecks off of, thursday or friday afternoon? It doesn't matter if they're full of quality, all grain beer, I'll take them all the same.

Worse comes to worse I'll bottle in stubbies; and I may give 1 stubby of Doppelbock and 1 stubby of AIIPA.

Cheers.

Ok - in the morning i can drop off some tasters for you guys - a couple of stubbies of:
- Leviathan American Barley wine - needs to be servred at 8-10 degrees to appreciate the full flavour - came 3rd in this years SABSOSA strong ale category
- Brown grainy porter - beer made by this years champion SA State brewer - Barossa brewers club member.

But i need confirmation on the following:
- address
- day and if it is OK.

Yours

GMK

Can not wait for the weekend. I really was not sure if I was going to make it I just landed back in Aus today after having to take an emergency flight to South Africa for a funerel 2 weeks ago and life has been absolut caous since so can't wait to sit back with a few drinks and talk beer. Homekegger and braufru great job with the labels. Tell you what homebrew is tasting great at the moment after having to drink Castle and Carling black label for the last 2 weeks. I did find one beer that was quite good over there it's call Unbock made by Namibian brewery and was quite good and at 7% it took me away very quick from all my wife's familys politics

anyway I have 15 pages of AHB stuff to go though looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday

Rusty

OK Bonfire Bitter is bottled and labels are printed, waiting attachment.

Unfortunately I am a no show for Saturday. Parental duties have me at another event from 10am til eveneing.

As some of you may know, I am woefully unAustralian in that I don't drive. Never have. Probably never will. Which means, in the time left, I probably have no way of getting my beer to the event in time. Unless............

........ someone wantss to play courier for me?

I live in Everard Park. Which is a select (ie small) suburb off South Road, between Anzac Highway and the tram line. If anyone can help out please let me know, here or by PM.

Real pisser, cos I was hoping to meet a new bunch of brewers. Never mind, next year's case is only 12 onths away :(

My thougfhts will be with you all :chug:

awrabest, stu

I reckon I could swing by on the way there unless someone else lives close and wants to volunteer.

For some reason (like not being able to read a calendar) I thought it was Sunday. So I'm out, though I wasn't swapping beer anyways...

1 Peas and Corn - Brown Ale
2 Nedelz - APA or Robust Porter
3 RustyC - Oatmeal Stout
4 Domonsura - Nelson's BIG Green Helles (RECIPE)
5 BenH - German Lager
6 BrauFrau - APA
7 Adam - AIIPA
8 Homekegger - Hopgarden Belguim Wit
9 wee stu - Bonfire Bitter
10 Rehnton - one of 2 options: American Dark Rye or Best Bitter
11 Choppadoo - Dubbel or APA (whichevers better)
12 Wally - Hefeweizen (not enough time to do a dark strong)
13 Dr Smurto - Bo Pils, bringing something to drink and some ringburning Jamaican chicken......

Hangers on
HWMBO - he can be my proxy boozy bloke.

OK.

Almost last call people, at this point I count 14, and to clarify details;
  • The day is Saturday the 8th, kick off 11.30am(ish)
  • The gate will be open from 10am for those inclined to wander along a little earlier to get their swap organised
  • If you were wondering if you could do anything to help, bring a camp chair with you if you have one...
  • Sausages, bread and sauce with some onions on the side are the order of the day on the BBQ - if you'd like something else, bring it with you :)
  • I will have a keg on tap for general consumption, there is (at least) 1 other tap, so if you have a keg you'd like to bring along feel free......but bottles are fine, bring your best along to share....
  • There is plenty of fridge space, so you don't need to worry about bringing esky's/ice for drinks you bring along.
If you're not on the list and you want to come along just let me know so I have an idea how many sausages and slices of bread :lol: , if you don't know the address just PM me. Looking forward to it.

Unless............

........ someone wantss to play courier for me?

I reckon I could swing by on the way there unless someone else lives close and wants to volunteer.

In the absence of any other volunteers, Adam is the winner :eek:

I'll PM you with all the contact details Adam. If it comes off, I am sure I will be the winner, looking forward to a great bunch of beers.

Back