• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

$200 Aldi Smokers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was gunna say, I've had mine thrown in the back of a ute and even strapped to the roof racks of my patrol going to parties and boys weekends, i've given it hell and no signs of loose bolts and breaking.

I never did put the door catch on either, door stays shut without it.

I will put it on one day as I bought an extra shelf and a door seal kit from a guy on eBay, around $20. Meant a for the harks, but same thing. The extra shelf is great.

Been eyeing this off for a while. Will try today in Brisbane.

The Giant said:
Been eyeing this off for a while. Will try today in Brisbane.
I sent SWMBO to 5 different Aldis north side yesterday and she could not find out :(

Sounds like you might be a HWMBO...good work !

None left at Preston, VIC, I'm going to try Burnside after work. If anyone on the forum happens to snap up the last one(s), could you let me know to save me the trip? Alternately if there's any left and you want to grab me one, I'll be eternally indebted to you*

*will give you some homebrew

so now there is a few of us that have them....what have you guys cooked in them ?
I did some chicken thigh fillets...tasted wonderfull cold...really smokey...and the fridge smelt awsome lol
I also did some pork belly to make bacon...cut a big slab into two pieces...
I salted it with rock salt , brown sugar and pepper for 5 days...plenty of liquid came out...which i kept pouring off....i then smoked it for 4 hours...
The first half of the belly was too salty...
The second half went into the fridge again, in a lidded container , and was eaten 4 days later...not as salty..there was a bit of liquid that came out...
I'm going to try 2 days salt next time...
I've also ordered some nitrate from misty gully on ebay...i really wanted to stay away from curing salts but after the saltiness of the first batch , i thought maybe i better try some....
Aldi...your allright !

If it's too salty soak it in water for 2-3 hours i use misty gully ready made maple cure as I need to soak it after curing or it's way too salty

Got the second last one at Burnside. Scanned for $100, but was out the back so I had to ask for it. Cheers for the heads up gents, this has been on the wish list for ages!

unclebarrel said:
Picked up one for the outlaws and myself from aldi Forest Hill vic for $100 each. Score !!!!
There is still at least one left there.
Bastards! I bought one for me, and one for the old man's birthday at the full $199 price, so now I'm pissed!

But have spotted Aldi have a 60-day refund policy on their "special buy" items, so I'll march into the store tomorrow and threaten to return them for a refund unless they give me $99 on each one.

We will also refund or replace any non-food specials (Special Buys™) within 60 days. Please provide your original receipt (or other proof of purchase), ideally with packaging.
Packaging is long gone, so I'm thankful for "ideally"...

My favourite on the smoker is a simple pork shoulder, been doing it at least once a month for about 2 years now.

Plain pork shoulder, about 4 bucks a kilo in the afternoon from Vic Market when they're trying to clear stock
Better to go on Sunday or Tuesday afternoon because they close Mondays and Wednesdays so they're more keen to move stock.

Night before apply salt, pepper, paprika liberally, a bit of cumin and Chili powder. Don't measure, there's no science to it, eyeball it like a man.

Whack it in the smoker at around 100 degrees for 6 to 8 hours and you've got a delicious dinner plus some pork sandwiches for a few days.

I do salmon fillets using hickory. 20 min at 100C, bloody delicious.

I've got my second lot of pork belly in there now...
It was salted for 24 hrs...rock salt , brown sugar, bay leaves and black pepper...
I also have some pork ribs in there that marinated for. 24 hrs in tomato sauce , garlic , curry power , vinegar , Chinese 5 spice..
Going for 3 + hours at 120 degree...

Got a pork shoulder in a simple brine, ready to smoke tomorrow - done pulled pork in the oven before, but I'm hoping this will have the extra "wow" factor. Got some hickory chips, as well as what I assume is some kind of eucalyptus sawdust (FiL gave it to me, the label just says "Mallee Wood") - hickory would be the best bet, yeah?

Got one of the aldi smokers a month ago. Great stuff. Was in bbq galore yesterday. They have 10 kg bags of smoker pellets for about $30. Much better value than 500g for about $14 at bunnings and masters. I'll try to split bags with other local smokers when I need some more bit even if I can't its.a no brainer.

Latest posts

Back