• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

$200 Aldi Smokers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a dual Maverick remote thermometer from evilbay from these mob.
Cheapest I could find
One Country

$59.99 plus shipping cost $79 all up

Cheers
Chris

I got the Maverick ET732 from amazon for the same price but shipping was only *8.48, total $68.47 shipped.

Maverick ET732 link

cheers

nifty

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't allowed an Aldi Smoker

emasculated_man1.jpg

Bunnings has a weber version of under $30 :huh:

I had the webber remote thermometer... twas rubbish. The biggest problem aside from it not being accurate was that you couldn't actually set a set temp... you just had a choice of predefined selection.

Not good enough for smoking, also a dual probe oven+meat thermometer is more or less a necessity when smoking by remote ;)

Definately got my eye on the ET732 :)

Bunnings has a weber version of under $30 :huh:

Bunnings are a bunch of carnts. Feckers. I hate them but I still go there. Everytime I walk through the house front door afterwards the missus asks 'Feckin Bunnings?'

I got the Maverick ET732 from amazon for the same price but shipping was only *8.48, total $68.47 shipped.
It seems as though everytime I want something nifty that is on Amazon they won't ship outside the US. Am I missing something?

I got my maverick ET 732 from amazon as well, was $57.04 AUD in total.

Though I can't see the cheaper version available ATM.

I wasn't allowed an Aldi Smoker
:icon_offtopic: ?
I have been given the green light to buy an electric jobby. I can't decide between the Hark or the MasterBuilt.

I'm very impressed with my hark electric smoker...

AND the remote thermometer has enough distance that I can go to the local pub and still see what temp my meat is at so I know when its done and I can go home.

I'm very impressed with my hark electric smoker...

AND the remote thermometer has enough distance that I can go to the local pub and still see what temp my meat is at so I know when its done and I can go home.
I wish I didn't live in a dry area, no pubs anywhere. Love the idea of monitoring meat whilst out drinking....

Bunnings are a bunch of carnts. Feckers. I hate them but I still go there. Everytime I walk through the house front door afterwards the missus asks 'Feckin Bunnings?'

Im with you Malted, I try and support the local hardware guys, but Bunnings is so much cheaper I cant, cheaper untill I go there for a bird net for my fruit tree's and come home with a wagon load of random shit and the Mrs tilts her head and says in anger, 'What is all that crap'. Happened today <_<

Shaun.

I just finished building my terracotta smoker, so cheap and so good!

Will put it through a dry-run today

I just finished building my terracotta smoker, so cheap and so good!

Why would you want to smoke terracotta? It would be awfully tough to chew and would probably have little nutritional value. I'll probably stick with a meat smoker :lol:

That link sold out shortly after it was posted on here! (feckers ;))

Anyway, I ordered one from for 70.96 AUD delivered... with an included pencil thermomter.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/buy2discounts/m...p;_trksid=p3686

Could've got it for 68$, but decided I *wanted* the "free" thermometer ;)

(none of the amazon ones would deliver)

Interesting, I ordered my ET732 through Amazon International and it is in transit, but now when I check the same product, they are unable to deliver to my address.

I hope it gets here. <_<

Just picked up the Aldi smoker for a hundred bucks. Great deal. From Aldi Preston. Nearly got one the other week for two hundred so Not sure why the big price drop.. Thought I should let everyone know.

Back