• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

$200 Aldi Smokers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prince Imperial said:
Got a pork shoulder in a simple brine, ready to smoke tomorrow - done pulled pork in the oven before, but I'm hoping this will have the extra "wow" factor. Got some hickory chips, as well as what I assume is some kind of eucalyptus sawdust (FiL gave it to me, the label just says "Mallee Wood") - hickory would be the best bet, yeah?
Oi, move it to the "Smoking Meat" thread you lot, I don't want to have to watch both threads for great ideas!

I went into my local aldi again the other day and told them other stores are selling them for $100 but the said $150 was the best they would do. I'll go back in a week and try again.

I just got mine unpacked, and the water bowl included has a dent in it, about the size of a 5 cent piece. The enamel on the inner side of this dent (the concave part of the bowl) is cracked.

Is the cracked enamel mean it's going to rust? Am I better off to take it back before using it, or just shrug, and forge ahead with my smoking plans?

Take it back, if they have a unit to exchange, swap it over. If the best they can do is a refund, I'd be inclined to hold on to it. You may not get it for $100 again, and I'm sure you could find a replacement of some kind.

Did beef ribs and chicken wings on mine yesterday turned out bloody fantastic best 100 bucks I've ever spent

doon said:
Did beef ribs and chicken wings on mine yesterday turned out bloody fantastic best 100 bucks I've ever spent
What was your recipe, and how long did you cook em?

Ribs I just made a rub with salt pepper chilli paprika and coriander no measurement just chucked it in and blended up. Cooked ribs for 3 hours then wrapped in foil for an hour then onto grill for a bit turned out nice and charred but soft.

Wings just chucked em in for an hour or so tested they were cooked with a meat thermometer

Just changed the wood tray out on mine. That's how much use it's got over the last 18 months.

Picked up the last one at Croydon for $100 today. Looking forward to firing it up next weekend.

I've seen posts about people getting extra shelves and a seal kit off of eBay but haven't found anything in searches on there - anyone got any leads for me?

Urban grilled in wa is the one I'd use

Bit off topic. My Kamado Joe smoked some ribs last week that turned out fantastic. It also grilles, bakes and roasts. Charcoal is the way to go.

Brendon's that should read urban griller not grilled

Have any of you guys tried cold smoking using any of these two products.

Smokai

Smoke Daddy

Perfect for cheese, some meats & fish. You can use them with your regular hot smoker as well.

I picked my extra shelf up from hark in kew I think? Give em a call.

barls said:
I looked at one of these but being inside the smoker, they do produce some heat. Whether it's enough heat to worry about? Probably not.
The beauty of the Smokai & the Smoke Daddy are they are outside the smoker so zero heat inside the unit.
Smoking Salmon & Trout fillets so looking for no additional heat inside the unit at all.
Trying to find the $100.00 deal on the Aldi smoker too at the moment.

Latest posts

Back