• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

$200 Aldi Smokers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes he is a hindrance lol but a funny one. Go smoke some meat cocko! I know you wanna

Unbelievable!!

Bottle that thing before it grows horns!!!

Collaborative... Hmnnnnnn. Reckon you'd be up to making an imperial saison? I remember having a bunch of recipes somewhere, a fair few are pretty strong (for) saisons.

^ completely OT
Will have ot bottle eventually :)

3/12/12 is a Monday. 3/12/11 was a Saturday, I reckon you have last years link mate.

Vic catalogue makes no mention of it and I cannot identify anything other than bike trailers and crap like that....

Would love to make my own bacon.

Well, I got the catalogue out of the mailbox last night, and hooray it's there!! I guess they don't update their online catalogue until the current sales are over :)

*eatingwordsinthecornermutteringsomethingabouthumblepie

I have recently bought a Hark ( same thing as Aldi for $259). Have used once so far to smoke some sausage and smoking a whole chook tonight.

Went well first time but not a huge sample size yet to judge on!

There are pros and cons between gas and electric, Cockpoo!!

There is a heap of good info on the Aussiebbq forum..also a lot of crap to sift thru

Cheers
Chris

I have been waiting for this smoker to come on sale all year, now to actually get my hands on one.

I cooked the chicken last night as per the recipe in the Hark recipe book (link below)
http://www.countrybrewer.com.au/pdf/HARK%2...%20Cookbook.pdf

Recipe says approx 2hrs to cook.

Actually took 5 hrs to get internal temp to 83 oC.
Too bloody tired to take photos and too late for tea.
I tried some this morning and the meat was beautiful and moist and very tender.

Will try this again but will start a bit earlier and take some pics.

I bought two of these last year at about this time. One for me and one as a present for one of my sons. They are fantastic! You have to get in early as each store only gets a small amount and they go like hot cakes............smoked hot cakes in fact.

Bought myself a 2 door Hark gas smoker today, basically Gen 2.0 of the Hark/Aldi in this thread. Anyway, whilst waiting I was looking at the wood chips/pellets for sale and came across a bag which was label Beer. :blink:

Beer is comprised of spent grain and hops mixed with some sawdust. <_<

Has anyone used their spent grain and hops in their smoker? If so, what flavours did they imparted?

Just picked up one of these smokers from Aldi St Mary's for $199, guess we're having smoky lamb roast tonight :)

Anyone's interested they still have 4 left, and a few of the charcoal spit rotisseries for $59

The local Aldi here has them marked down, $159 or $169 I think - I looked, but the UDS does a decent job, maybe if this was electric ...

My cousin has one.
It does pork ribs and chook beauuuuuuuuuuuuutifully.
He uses the bought wood and it's ok.
Top value as far as I can see.

Picked one up today, down from $199 the other day to $149.

Sweeeeeet!!!

Now to get some wood chips...

My inaugural smoked lamb

Wasn't planning to smoke the roast... but ended up with a smoker... so in the smoker it went ;)

lamb.JPG

Was yummy... :)

Neat how you can get it to hang upside down like that. Must make it hard to read the temp, though i spose you could use a mirror on a stick. :lol:

Neat how you can get it to hang upside down like that. Must make it hard to read the temp, though i spose you could use a mirror on a stick. :lol:

Was waiting for that :)

The actual image displays the right way for me, it's encoded upside down, but the metadata includes the display orientation but the forum ignores it when it generates the thumbnail... I guess

SWMBO broke my remote thermometer :(, guess I get a free pass to buy a new deluxe model ;)

Was waiting for that :)

The actual image displays the right way for me, it's encoded upside down, but the metadata includes the display orientation but the forum ignores it when it generates the thumbnail... I guess

SWMBO broke my remote thermometer :(, guess I get a free pass to buy a new deluxe model ;)
I bought a dual Maverick remote thermometer from evilbay from these mob.
Cheapest I could find
One Country

$59.99 plus shipping cost $79 all up

Cheers
Chris

Latest posts

Back