2 Mytton Rodd Kegs, 2.6kg C02 Tank (Full) and a regulator gumtree deal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlyf

Reaction score
G'day fellas,

Found this guy who was selling a kegerator combo. I rang him and ask if he'd consider selling the 2 Mytton Rodd Kegs, 2.6kg C02 Tank (Full) and a regulator with all fittings and a tap without the fridge. I offered him $250 (Not knowing what condition they are in), He did say that he has reco'd his kegs and they hold pressure and the C02 tank is in date! He countered for $270 and I accepted.

I pick it all up this afternoon. I bloody well hope this is all in good condition. Be a steal of the century (I hope)

Cheers

Anyone know what these are?? All's they say on them is Schweppes

Attachments

• 1498547803833.jpg
    1498547803833.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 1498547810700.jpg
    1498547810700.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 170
Those, my friend are Mytton Rodd kegs.

They're Aussie-made & built to last. A bit of a PITA to get spares & recondition them, but since the seller did all the work for you, you're pretty-much set for years.

Nice score!!

Those, my friend are Mytton Rodd kegs.

They're Aussie-made & built to last. A bit of a PITA to get spares & recondition them, but since the seller did all the work for you, you're pretty-much set for years.

Nice score!!

Like he said. Best kegs on the planet.

Oh they are!? See I i looked at a couple the other day and they actually had Mytton Rodd on them. These dont seem to have that so I wasn't sure

Yep, Mytton Rodd is a design/type, not a brand.

They're nothing like Corny's (which are flimsy by comparison in build-quality) & you can't get spares easily, but they'll last you a lifetime. By choice, ALL of my kegs are M-R's (I've got 18's, 20's, 45's & 80's).

If I get hold of any Corny's, I immediately on-sell them & use the proceeds to buy spares for my M-R's.

Welcome to the fold. :)

Yep, Mytton Rodd is a design/type, not a brand.

They're nothing like Corny's (which are flimsy by comparison in build-quality) & you can't get spares easily, but they'll last you a lifetime. By choice, ALL of my kegs are M-R's (I've got 18's, 20's, 45's & 80's).

If I get hold of any Corny's, I immediately on-sell them & use the proceeds to buy spares for my M-R's.

Welcome to the fold. :)
your becoming more dislikable by the keg!

These truly are the ducks of kegs, the saying 'they don't make 'em like they used to' was originally coined about these kegs. I unfortunately only have 5 of them though that includes a 9L.

How many do you want?

I think I've got about 15 x 18/20l ones (mostly ball-lock, but a few pin-locks) & about 10 x 45l ones (all ball-lock - they come at a premium, mind) & a couple of 80L ones.

I've also got a few that have been modified as real ale kegs, but that's another story....;)

How many do you want?

I think I've got about 15 x 18/20l ones (mostly ball-lock, but a few pin-locks) & about 10 x 45l ones (all ball-lock - they come at a premium, mind) & a couple of 80L ones.

I've also got a few that have been modified as real ale kegs, but that's another story....;)
negotiations over beer?

OK, but don't try to soften me up by plying me with alcohol at a case swap you unmitigated slut! Don't forget who owes who for cameras.....

do M/R kegs have 1/2 bsp posts? i've got a ball lock top welded to a 50L vessel and from memory the 1/2 bsp posts were a small fortune to purchase... in recent times I've noticed the keg king 1/4 bsp ball lock posts and thinking these could be economical posts if you added a 1/2 x 1/4 reducing bush in the mix... just a thought

So what would a refurbished MR keg be worth do you think? Im actually really bloody stoked with my purchase now after what you lads have said

do M/R kegs have 1/2 bsp posts? i've got a ball lock top welded to a 50L vessel and from memory the 1/2 bsp posts were a small fortune to purchase... in recent times I've noticed the keg king 1/4 bsp ball lock posts and thinking these could be economical posts if you added a 1/2 x 1/4 reducing bush in the mix... just a thought
yeah 1/2 bsp posts the genuine replacements from my experience are worth the dollars, I rekit these when I've come across them, worth the investment in my book.
OK, but don't try to soften me up by plying me with alcohol at a case swap you unmitigated slut! Don't forget who owes who for cameras.....
I know what side of the ledger I sit!! May be a case of. well played. There's a good bit of kit in the ' I'll use that one day' box sure we can come to terms.

I have 11 of those kegs and spare pares are easy to get so if you need help just pm me.

Rgds chris

@MartinOC, can you post a pic of one of your 80's? Never even knew they existed. And maltjunkie, score on the 9L. I've been looking for one of those for years and nearly paid a guy $150 for one, 'til I came to my senses.

OT but who has access to some ball lock posts for these? (PM if you want)

@MartinOC, can you post a pic of one of your 80's? Never even knew they existed.

Sorry, mate. Shoved up the back of the "naughty corner" of the shed until I decide I want to use it/them (maybe I only have 1, which I'm keeping). No photo's. available without much ******* about, which ain't gonna happen right now.

Edit: it's a BEAST, but I can see it being used as a real-ale keg for a massive party application :))

No keg should be in the back of a shed, empty, lonely and unloved. Those kegs could have value with an aging RIS for example. Shame MartinOC, trust you will rectify this quickly.

:question::bigcheers:

Brew 80L of RIS for long-term storage???

Hmm.. 'though this be madness, yet there is method in't.

Latest posts

Back