Quantcast

1st Time Kegging, Too Much Pressure?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

stav

Reaction score
hi all,

So first time kegging for me today, and after a little hiccup caused by a fault o ring i seem to be on my way.

Managed to clean the keg well and put the cleaner through the line etc all without incident.
Have just transferred my beer to the keg, sealed it up and connected the gas inand beer out... As soon as i apply pressur it just wants to force beer out of the gun???
I can disconnect the beer out and it seems to be holding the pressure ok, working therelease valve works as designed.
Stav

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
hi all,

So first time kegging for me today, and after a little hiccup caused by a fault o ring i seem to be on my way.

Managed to clean the keg well and put the cleaner through the line etc all without incident.
Have just transferred my beer to the keg, sealed it up and connected the gas inand beer out... As soon as i apply pressur it just wants to force beer out of the gun???
I can disconnect the beer out and it seems to be holding the pressure ok, working therelease valve works as designed.
Stav
Sounds like the guns foobarred. Maybe the trigger is not closing fully.
Connect up the gas & spray soapy water on the beer out post & see if it's leaking there.
My money's on the gun though.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Sounds like the gun to me as well, some have a screw at the back that will adjust the flow, if you have one like that make sure it's unscrewed or at least back it off a little.

Batz

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
Have you got a bronco / pick nick tap?

It's prob locked in the open position.

stav

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies.

I checked it again, and i much have been stuffing about with the gun between cleaning and then putting beer in the keg. i had tightend the nut on the end a bit and it was held open sligtly.
All good now...thannks!!!

Latest posts