12V Little Brown Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
breakbeer said:
Crusty, did you even read my reply or just comment on the inability to post links?
I think you need to reread Crusty's post.
He didn't comment on your inabilities, what he did was gave a nice short snap shot on how to do “Fancy Links"

Cheers
Chris

breakbeer said:
Crusty, did you even read my reply or just comment on the inability to post links?
Yeah mate, I checked out the links.
Thanks for the tips.
As TasChris explains, I was trying to help you out with how to post the links. It took me a bit to work out how to do it.
Wasn't having a dig at you, if that's what you thought.
The link renaming procedure is a little different to the old AHB.

Hippy said:
attachicon.gif
P2020166 (640x480).jpgOk crusty here's a photo.
The 12v power supply I used (same as break beers) comes with a 2mm socket with a teminal on the back where you just push the wires in and screw down the contacts, piece of piss. The low voltage inline switch also uses a 2mm pin, so just wire the LBP into the terminals, plug the male end of the switch into the terminal socket and then the male pin of the power supply into the switch socket and your in business.
Total cost is about $13 and you have a switch close to your pump so your not jumping around trying to reach the power plug in a hurry.
Thanks Hippy.
Cheers

spog said:
maybe OT here,was looking through the 2012 jaycar catalogue and found a (prolly previously linked elsewhere) dimmer/motor speed controller.
12VDC 8A. page 365 (hard copy) cat number MP-3209.
i am no electronics guru by a long shot but it reads as if it could/would work with the flow control on a little brown pump,any ideas,or is it no good.

not stirring but,no i cant post a link,i honestly dont know how,and cant be bothered to learn.

...cheers..spog.....
That will work fine for a 12v brown pump. I just brought one from Geanabovil on here and although I haven't hooked it up yet I know he uses one with no problems. It will allow you to slow the pump right down for fly sparging etc

reviving an old thread here...sorry.

I had one of these last 3 brews before packing it in. Pulled apart and cleaned and she is back up and running.

How often does everyone clean them?

Also the little metal clip that sort of holds everything in, can you do without it? I have a feeling it will snap if I need to take it off again...

Running near boiling water and sodium perc through it for half hour after a brewday helps, I've broken 2 of these trying to clean them...

Ha.. Bloody things.. Still using a 24v one myself

I run some hot water through mine after every brew. Nothing more than that though. I bought two on the assumption that one would break after a while. The mounting clips have broken, but the pump is still working fine.

Mine lasted for well over 12 brews running for a full 90 minute mash. I made sure the pump body was vertical and at the top with the impeller at the bottom so wort wouldn't get into the body part, if that makes sense.

Would still be working now but I've upgraded to a march pump as I scored one cheap.

Kaiser Soze said:
I run some hot water through mine after every brew. Nothing more than that though. I bought two on the assumption that one would break after a while. The mounting clips have broken, but the pump is still working fine.
Mine too. I just back- flush with hot (77c) water from the laundry tap for about a minute and put it away. It's got more than 20 brews, mostly with long step mashes under it's belt too. I own a March Pump, but have never used it on a mash.

I like Kaiser Soze bought two of them as I was told by the honest retailer that they are not built for endless use, (his words were, you get what you pay for) in fact he tried to sell me one of the bigger pumps but I didn't have a spot big enough on my system to fit it into without running hoses everywhere.

I have used it for 6 brews thus far for both recirculating during mash and for fly sparging, works fine but always have the spare one and the thought in the back of my mind that one day i will have to change the system to accommodate a bigger more expensive pump.

I managed to snap one of the outlets on my first one, the actual pump itself still works but the outlet case is knackered. Seems a wate to chuck it, would anyone have a stuffed LBP that I could pilfer for parts? I'm sure I could find a bottle or two trade ;)

Does anyone else have a spare Head for one of these they aren't using?
I have snapped both of mine (you think I would have learnt after the first one).
Or is there anywhere that sells them? Have tried Nev & Craftbrewer with no luck.
Cheers
Robbo

robbo5253 said:
Does anyone else have a spare Head for one of these they aren't using?
I have snapped both of mine (you think I would have learnt after the first one).
Or is there anywhere that sells them? Have tried Nev & Craftbrewer with no luck.
Cheers
Robbo
Keg King sell for around the $28 mark . They are on line and will post . No affiliation .

Cheers
Beer Belly

A long shot, but does anyone have a usable pump head they could donate? I've broken the inlet on mine. Cheers!

Will have a look in the spares cupboard tonight, if memory serves me correctly, I have one. As I only use the lbp on the hlt now and its fixed in place, it's unlikely I'll need it.

You're the man! Really appreciate that, that's what makes this such a great community. Thanks mate.

Latest posts

Back