12V Little Brown Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Will have a look in the spares cupboard tonight, if memory serves me correctly, I have one. As I only use the lbp on the hlt now and its fixed in place, it's unlikely I'll need it.
Hi Yob.
Just seeing if you managed to track down that pump head in your bits and pieces? If not, no sweat. Cheers [emoji3][emoji481]

Hi Guys, anyone got a link to where you can get these on ebay etc? ideally with barbs for hose connection. I had a look but there's a lot of variations and hard to know whats legit...

shane

LBP's are pretty much generic, they come with moulded threads on them so it's up to you to find the connections to suit for barbed fittings.
But be warned they are made of plastic ! so not ideally suit to continued connect and disconnect .
$ 20.00 - $ 25.00 is about the going price.
It'd be a good idea to have some kind of guard around it once installed to stop any damage , and support all connections from knocks or pulls.
You don't want it breaking in the middle of a brew,best buy 2 and have one as a back up.

Cheers Spog I will keep that in mind. I won't be overly dependant on the pump in my set up- just a 1V Biab and I'm going to try recirc through the bag to see if it helps clear the wort abit, along with the "slow lift" that's been discussed in another thread. Just trying to make a simple process more complicated some might say but hey, it makes it fun!

Cheers Spog I will keep that in mind. I won't be overly dependant on the pump in my set up- just a 1V Biab and I'm going to try recirc through the bag to see if it helps clear the wort abit, along with the "slow lift" that's been discussed in another thread. Just trying to make a simple process more complicated some might say but hey, it makes it fun!

Recirc through the bag will help with temp equalisation but a point to consider is,if the problem of cloudy wort continues have a look at the crush,try a coarser crush with the grain it made a difference with my process.

The LBP's are absolutely brilliant if you just want to move water around, but you're probably pushing it uphill to expect them to do heavy-duty on a mash recirculation with any longevity.

I've had a LBP doing triple-duty (HLT recirc., underlet & sparge water delivery) for about 3 years now & it hasn't missed a beat, but I wouldn't think of doing mash recirculation with it.

Get something with a bit more grunt & 240V for that.

Little brown pumps all look similar but there are various models - eg. diff voltages (12, 18, 24) that draw different number of amps.

thanks guys, its really just a play around to save me re-circing with a jug. Ill give the 12V LPB a go and then depending on the results maybe upscale. I can see that the coarser crush would help though i use a kitchen blender! have put a fair few kgs through it at this stage but it probably is part of my flour/sediment issues which is why im hoping this re-circ filter through the grain may help

Back