• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

117 Liter Stainless Boiler For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a brand new stainless steel Robinox for under $400 with pressed sides etc and 100% clean food grade joins. This is a home made pot, with by the looks tig around the outlet, and for the main pot and rolled section which I would say did not get pickled. Those welds that are not food safe and I would be hesitant using it as a Mashtun; as a kettle it would be ok as it is boiled. The old 82L kegs get $60 to $100 are are a good grade stainless. Last year I picked up a 100L s/s commercial pot, no seams etc with a heavy copper sandwiched based from ebay for $99. Hope this helps.

QldKev

No one said stainlss weld used lead, I said if it's rust then it prob isn't a stainless weld. If its not a stainless weld then it could be normal flux which has lead etc. Or it could be as u said and just not a clean weld. The photobucket pic didnt look like a clean proffesional weld. Clean enough but no seemless. Read the whole thread mate.

What's odd is it's welded at all. Commercial pots should be single piece of metal. I've got a big 40l commercial stock pot and its similar. I worked in kitchens for over 6 years and been in commercial kitchems sibce i was 8 as the old man is a chef.

Anyways if I assumed it was a commercial pot, that size, new, yup I would be thinking $300 easy for good stainless. Looks like 4mm base and 3mm walls. If it is, it's top shit

I'd certainly be tempted if I could be sure it was safe. It's a good size and looks the goods.

I did read all the thread mate.

If there is rust on the welds it probably not a stainless weld. Which means it cab have lead etc in the weld

I don't see any problem at all with my reply mate. Lead is used in solder and silver solder, fluxes are gernerally acid based and do not contain lead.

I am going to find out where it came from before I sell it. Its a bit of a stretch to think it came from a TAFE! You guys must make them better in QLD than we do down here!
Gregs, I will PM you when I figure it out.

cheers

Jim

Stainless welds will rust if not polished. As someone else said, ideally run another weld over the sparrow shit weld on the inside and pickle or electropolish.

Also as mentioned, pots should be made in one piece not welded.

Back