100 Pubs In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Elephant and Wheelbarrow - must be something different on tap
Now just 'The Elephant'. Usually a decent line up of non-mainstream beers.

Others worth a drink but the usual line up on tap.
Astor
Arab Stead
Havelock
Botanic
Exeter
Austral
Stag
Jade Monkey
Worlds End
Coopers Ale House
Historian
The Flagstaff
Also, 'The Griffins' (formerly 'The Griffin's Head' - standard beers) with it's apostrophy ambiguity, UniBar (Fat Yak and occasionally a couple other Matilda Bay brews), and if you're the walking type, the Wellington in Nth Adelaide has been known to host an impressive number of beer taps (something like 50) including various micros.

I might hit the tap inn tomorow, haven't been before but it does look pretty damn good but beer wise is there anything beyond the norm?
Cant' recall exactly, and can't guarantee a lot, but a novelty I forgot to mention was that (some of) the front bar floor is glass - you can see right down to the keg cellar. Freaky. Somewhat makes up for a lack of high quality beer (if that's the case).

Well I do have a favourite which has a good kitchen and winelist to boot.
Oh - and there is the Wheaty for those on a liquid only diet.

Well, there are a few good suggestions in there.

Some I will definitely be checking out, some I have already had the pleasure of visiting.

So as of today, I am now needing only 98. I went to the Largs Pier for lunch, which had 3 for 2 Stella's on tap at $4 each so not bad value at all really.

Then I stopped off at the Brewboys for a sample of their wares. Was fortunate enough to get a glass of the Imperial Stout. Very nice, but not a beer to be taken lightly. Lucky I had the missus with me to drive home. Nice beers indeed. WIll have to visit here again I think.

Cheers

HK

Three Brothers Arms at Macclesfield has great food, a nice ambience and generally Old Speckled Hen on tap plus a reasonable range of UK beers in the bottle.

And the Clarendon Hotel is on the way too and a nice pub to have a beer in.

C&B
TDA

The Port Dock serves their own beers. Tasted pretty good last time I went there.

+1 for the Tap Inn, also The Bombay Bicycle Club on the top of Torrens rd owned by the same people.

Stanley Bridge Tavern in Verdun (just around the corner from Grumpys) has english ales on tap. Last time i dropped in it was london pride and wells bombardier. Also has a good selection of english ales in bottles. And a good selection of good single malts.

Ah the unibar, where my old avatar was from. Been too long since i dropped in there, so many memories (or lack therof) and conversations with the bloke in this picture. I even put a reference to one of the girls behind the bar in the acknowledgements section of my thesis. 9 very good years spent there. the full range of Coopers on tap.

OlemanSmurto.jpg

Three Brothers Arms at Macclesfield has great food, a nice ambience and generally Old Speckled Hen on tap plus a reasonable range of UK beers in the bottle.
We're certainly getting away from the CBD now aren't we.

I was just near there in Echunga on Sunday. The Hagen Arms is a quaint little place owned by friends of my wife - stock standard range of beers, but the food is worth the drive - plate-hanging schnitzels and juicy steaks by the fireplace. Full renovations will be finished by August, at which time I'll be up there sipping on a Coopers Stout on the heated balcony overlooking the town.

The Port Dock serves their own beers. Tasted pretty good last time I went there.
As they did last time I was there too - but unfortunately I've heard they've taken a turn for the worse since. Their oatmeal stout was just luuuurvely. I should head back and see for myself.

The Fox And Fergon on north east road just before the foot hills near the tee tree gully hotel....its a nice style English pub with no pokies!!!
AND THEY SERVE REAL PINTS!

The Fox And Fergon on north east road just before the foot hills near the tee tree gully hotel....its a nice style English pub with no pokies!!!

What beer did they have on tap and in bottles?

The land of promise has good happy hours, Coopers pale ale is the best beer they serve but the entertainment is good.

Geez!.. Must be 20 years since I went in there, used to go all the time when it first opened then it became trendy and changed hands and was a PITA just to get to the bar.
Had Newcy Brown on tap back then and made a snakebite that loosened up a few women I new then. :ph34r:
Exposed beams with beermats pinned to them, great atmosphere if just a little smoky. :rolleyes:
Think it's time for a re visit.
Cheers
Nige

Willunga

bottom pub, middle pub and top pub, AKA The Alma, the Willunga Hotel and the Bush Inn

all on 1 road in about a 1k stretch, Start at the bottom of the hill and work your way up......and the end of the night it's easier to roll back down :icon_chickcheers:

BF

DJ1984...Geez i cant remember all of them,,......Coopers pale ale, a few diffrent english bitters, a few stouts......They have a bunch of taps upstairs! We just tried to book a table of 14 for a birthday dinner next sat, but there booked out! :(
Fox and Fergon has a really nice beer gardon to! AWSOME on a sunny day! I was drinking out there i think it was about march this year and a nice big blue tounge lizard was haging around our table!

It's the Fox and Firkin. Great little pub, haven't been there for years though.

Back