100 Can Cooler Bag. Kmart Doesnt Have Them.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to my Spotlight (Taree NSW) and they had never heard of them . . .aaaaghhhhhh 34 deg today as well!

Cheers

Bugger.

The Spotlight in Cairns has a heap of pots, pans, glasses, etc. Maybe a different size store?

my local Bunnings doesn't have any and the KMart only have 75 can coolers. are the 75 can ones too small?

I reckon they would come up to about 25l on a regular coopers fermenter. Haven't measured but have been meaning to . . . . .

a 75 with ice bottles and towel on top might do it i reckon . . ..

PS Quantocks, how is the kegerator going??? sort out the gas line?

My cardboard box has well and truly had it now.
Does anyone know where you can get these things these days? Anaconda in Adelaide doesn't have them. I think the guy thought I was some sort of degenerate even asking for one.

The 100 can coolers are/were made by California Innovations,
looking at their Website they don't seem to make them anymore

I got a Smash 70 Can cooler from Bunnings (near the Eskies etc) and it fits the normal Coopers fermenter WITHOUT the airlock. This is not a problem for me as I have used gladwrap from say one without any problems. With the fermenter I can fit a 3 of 2L juice/milk containers with ice in them to keep the whole lot cool. I kept batches at 18 degC in summer with 2 bottles changed morning and night. I plan to use the same system in winter to do a lager at 10 degC

THis is the mob that makes them: http://www.smashenterprises.com.au/cooling.html

Maybe give them a call to find suppliers near you if Bunnings don't have them? Oh and make sure you get one with a zip lid, Bunnings sells a similar thing but its a collapsable tub

Stew

I got a Smash 70 Can cooler from Bunnings (near the Eskies etc) and it fits the normal Coopers fermenter WITHOUT the airlock.

I bought 2 of these, currently using the 2nd (collapsed) as a lid. But its always there for my 2nd fermenter. Accidentally took a brew down to 12 degrees with a few extra ice bottes (32 in the garage at the time).

Thanks Guys! I was thinking of making one but if I can buy one .. yay.

So I went to Bunnings and they have a 75l party tub, that's 50cm wide and 39.5cm tall.
Its quite squat. And it has a lid.
Is that what you mean? I don't think it will quite fit my fermenterwhich is 46cm tal.

Latest posts

Back