100 Can Cooler Bag. Kmart Doesnt Have Them.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stowaway

Reaction score
Summer is coming around, and i can only fit 1 fermenter in my fermenting fridge. (which i use for my lagers)

I am trying to get one of these cooler bags but they dont have them at kmart anymore (atleast not at my local kmart)

Anyone seen them anywhere else? I tried a camping store and bunnigns but neither had them.

cooler.jpg

When I got mine I had to go through about 7 or 8 K-Mart's before I found one. IIRC I found mine at Lismore - I was helped by the fact that work takes me to lots of shopping centres. If you want I can keep an eye out for you and (let you know/buy one for you) when or if I see one.

Cheers,

microbe

I spotted these yesterday at a Anaconda sports shop. On sale for $15.

When I got mine I had to go through about 7 or 8 K-Mart's before I found one. IIRC I found mine at Lismore - I was helped by the fact that work takes me to lots of shopping centres. If you want I can keep an eye out for you and (let you know/buy one for you) when or if I see one.

Cheers,

microbe

ill try another couple of kmarts and get back to you. thanks for the offer.

Big W sell these as well,

but personally i would not use these. Spend the few $ more on a 2nd hand fridge and a fridge mate controller and you will never look back!

Andrew

but personally i would not use these. Spend the few $ more on a 2nd hand fridge and a fridge mate controller and you will never look back!

Andrew

I already have a fridge that fits 1 fermenter in it..
I dont have room for a bigger 1 :(

Andrew

I've got two fridges and I still use one of these. They're perfect for doing ales in winter time. Just stick the fermenter in, wrap in a blanket and it'll keep itself warm enough (16-18) and steady in temp.

Frees up the fermentation fridge for two fermenters of lager :)

They're also handy for a party keg. Fits a 9L keg, few bottles of soft drink and 2 bags of ice no problem.

I've got two fridges and I still use one of these. They're perfect for doing ales in winter time. Just stick the fermenter in, wrap in a blanket and it'll keep itself warm enough (16-18) and steady in temp.

They're also handy for a party keg. Fits a 9L keg, few bottles of soft drink and 2 bags of ice no problem.

I was more thinking of ales in summer time with Rotating Ice day and night.

My poor old carboard box that I do my fermenting in has seen better days.
I'll have to go and get another one soon, since I get them from bunnings, I might see if they have 100 can cooler bags in adelaide too.
But then again... cardboard boxes are free and well insulated so .... maybe not!

not a bad idea, i was dreading the hot summer nights. also moving to a new place so i am unsure as to where i will keep the fermenter at a stable temp. thinking the laundry should suffice. as long as no one uses the clothes dryer in summer.

+1 for using the search function. sorry but this had been covered a lot and a search for '100 can cooler' will bring up all the responses.

Kmart doesnt stock anymore. Anaconda does. bunnings does (sometimes).

My poor old carboard box that I do my fermenting in has seen better days.
I'll have to go and get another one soon, since I get them from bunnings, I might see if they have 100 can cooler bags in adelaide too.
But then again... cardboard boxes are free and well insulated so .... maybe not!

How is a cardboard box insulated?

How is a cardboard box insulated?

Corrugated cardboard ... just ask homeless people!

OK .. not the most brilliant of insulators but check this out ...
http://www.ceramiboard.com/

Quote from that site ..
"Corrugated cardboard possesses many features that are desirable in a building material such as light-weightness, stiffness and thermal insulation value at low cost. Preventing the widespread use of cardboard as a building material have been deficiencies in three areas, namely:

* strength
* fire resistance
* sound transmission.
"

Wrap fermenter in an old sleeping bag, keeps my ales nice at 18-20C. For lagers i use a dead fridge which at this time of the year is holding a steady 10C by itself. In summer i use 2L bottles of ice swapped morning and night. I have a fridge controller but dont use it..... and my keg fridge has been switched off for nearly 5 weeks now B)

Dont fight nature dude, work with her... :rolleyes:

FYI - I spotted these yesterday (different brand) at the local Spotlight store if anyone is looking for them.

I went to my Spotlight (Taree NSW) and they had never heard of them . . .aaaaghhhhhh 34 deg today as well!

Cheers

Also try the BCF, if you really need I think one of the outboard flush bags would work and offer reasonable insulation.

QldKev

my local Bunnings doesn't have any and the KMart only have 75 can coolers. are the 75 can ones too small?

Back