Zoigle/demoday At Screwtops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulp

Reaction score
Well today i've popped my AG cherry on Screwtop's rig, Brewers in attendance on this auspicious occasion were Screwtop, Bindi, Bulp (me), Dave, Les, Pat and his Pint sized brewing assistant. The day started off at a brisk 7am ( not many things will get me out of bed that early on a sat morn ) and we doughed in at around 7:45-8:00.
IMG_5901.jpg

Screwys mill drill button holder onera was most impressive

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

From left to right Dave, Bulp, and Screwtop (the engineer) and hiding behind camera was Bindi (the artist)

IMG_5916.jpg

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Screwtop for putting on this day, his hospitality is second to none, not to mention the array and quality of the beers he fed us all afternoon ( after we finished brewing of course ) it's just bloody awesome the help you get off blokes from this forum in teaching the newbies (me) the ropes.

Bloody top day had by all not to mention the info i've picked up just being able to do an AG brew instead of just reading about it. If anyone new to the game gets a chance to do this JUMP ON IT .

IMG_5914.jpg

From some of the beers Bindi was talking about ie Blow it out your rum and raisin. gonna have to organize a trip to his brewery at some stage. :party:

IMG_5925.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5928.jpg

This cubes gotta date with a no-chiller (botulisum ere we come baby) , I gotta get serious with my brewery now, if i wasn't excited before (i was) then i'm friggin pumped now (even more excited).

Cheers fellas

Go Blues

Yes Bulp,
Go the Blues, oh and you were in grea company there with Screwy and Bindi, two top Blokes. You are right about Bindi's bar too, you'll have a great time there. Welcome aboard Bulp, looking forward to meeting you on the next big doo.

cheers

Browndog

Congrats Bulp, good to see another Qlder joining the AG ranks.
With 2 of the sunny coasts nicest & finest brewers to guide you, must have been a top day.
What beer did you pop your cherry on?

cheers Ross

As Browndog said - Welcome Brett

What a great day, thanks for the fellowship guys, I really enjoyed the day.

The Zoigle was hung out early to welcome everyone:BrewDay190408_003.JPGBrewDay190408_001.JPG Hier fr gutes Bier, sind Sie willkommen

Not the best of Zoigles, but the best I could do - quick time. Going to cut it out properly and paint the other side red for red/dark beers and add a graphic of a Maas leaving the Pils glass on the pale beer side.

Thanks to all who took part, there was a terrific cross section of interests, and thanks Bindi, good having another brewer to keep me in check, pity you had to leave early for band practice. A big thanks to Pat and Les from Crystal Waters, hope you enjoyed the day and the beers. A big thanks for the all natural goodies, the sourdough bread was soooo good, especially the Pumpkin and the Fruit and Nut with your butter. Hope you both enjoyed the beersHave kept some for those who missed out, unfortunately no cheese, some half cut brewer ate the last of it last night. Would like to see organic beer being produced at Crystal Waters Les, and am happy to help if I can.

Brett was the perfect appy, carried out every instruction to a T, next time he's in the drivers seat, I get to have a cruisy day :D. All went well, maybe due to the "no beer until after adding the bittering hop addition" rule. Wort was in the Cube by 2pm and we were into the beers. There was so much beer, gear and slow food talk going on that the day went by really fast.

After the bittering hop addition we did a tasting (flight of 8 beers) and then said goodbye to the Crystal Waters gang who had to leave. Once the wort was in the cube we settled in, Brett's mate Dave is a real wheatie fan so he as looked after with a bottomless big Erdinger Glass, while Brett the bro in-law and I all settled on my Horizon Pils.

Thanks again all,

Screwy

Some pics of prep for the day: Filtering waterBrewDay190408001.JPG
Filling HLTBrewDay190408002.JPG
andHERMS Heat ExchangerBrewDay190408003.JPG

Hoses all connected and ready to goBrewDay190408004.JPG

Edit: So many words - so many mispellings

Nice work guys. Looks like you had a top day. Couldn't have been in better company. Well... maybe you could :ph34r: :p

Cheers fella's, my AG cherry was popped on a Hefeweizen. following the Reinheitsegbot of course :ph34r:
Screwy's Horizon Pils made me weak at the knees, who am I kidding they all made me weak at the knees, especially after about 8 of 'em. Looking forward to sitting in the drivers seat next time! I think Dave might be a Wheat-a-holic! Who could blame him! A Pom drinking Wheatbeer....shame!
Only one way for the blues to go Browndog, and that's up mate!

Cheers,
Bulp

so makining wheat beers ehh, where was batz? :p

Nice work Bulp, will we see you at the mid year swap?

Mate you've got no idea how much i wanted to go to that swap but i've got a friggin family reunion on in Victoria and i fly out on that Saturday (of all the saturday's in a year, i fly out on that one ) Ahh well xmas swap ere i come.

Ross, i forgot to thank you for the speed and quality service i recieved when i bought some grain/hops/yeast and Fridgemate off you recently. Mate good service like that goes a long way in my book, looking forward to doing business again soon.

Cheers

Brett

Mate you've got no idea how much i wanted to go to that swap but i've got a friggin family reunion on in Victoria and i fly out on that Saturday (of all the saturday's in a year, i fly out on that one ) Ahh well xmas swap ere i come.

Don't worry Brett, maybe we can brew something here while you're down. It can be still technically be called a "family reunion"!

Cheers,
BK

PS Glad all went well on the weekend!

Looks like it was a good one Screwy, when are you wandering down this way for a drink??

Looks like it was a tops day. Fully agree that Screwy makes some awesomely good beers! Have to catch up with you next time you're down this way Mike!

Cheers

Don't worry Brett, maybe we can brew something here while you're down. It can be still technically be called a "family reunion"!

Cheers,
BK

PS Glad all went well on the weekend!

Wait a minute i now who you are ????

From what i recall you make a bloody nice wheat beer BK

Good to see ya on ere mate

A day making and drinking wheat beers !

Looney_Tunes___Wile_E_Coyote__C11754810.jpg

Poor buggers ;)

Batz

Latest posts

Back