Zizzle's Brewbot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty spectacular. Do you have a video of this thing in action?

Do you have plans to keep developing the BrewBot? What refinements are on the list?

I have a wifi module to be hooked up to it. At the moment I've just been using ethernet.

The web ui could be a bit better. I actually recently ported a Python interpreter to the board to make rapid prototyping much easier.

I will get it to sync up with an internet time server when it starts. The board has a RTC, just no battery backup.

I might get a 3.2" TFT touch screen for it. They are pretty cheap these days.

Probably do some experiments with a peristaltic pump - recirc during the mash.

good job mate thats an awesome bit of gear!! amazes me how you designed and worked all that out. Im a boilermaker so blown away by all the technical electronics and all, good job

AMAZING!!!! Best invention I have ever seen!

Ghetto peristaltic pump progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely Amazing Bloody Job!!!!!

I take my hat off to you. Well Done!!

good job zizzle, love the springs certainly would make mounting the pvc pipe easier i had a bitch of a time with mine getting it centered just right.

cheers matho

I admire how you can just think up this shit, my brain hurts just watching your work.

Cheers

Paul

You wouldn't know how to go ghetto if you tried Zizzle. It seems you only know resolved and yet-to-be polished, and resolved and polished. Great work. Perhaps you could work the spasming output hose into the design as a wort return sprinkler :)

good job zizzle, love the springs certainly would make mounting the pvc pipe easier i had a bitch of a time with mine getting it centered just right.

Yeah that was the whole premise from the start - some flexibility is needed to account for the low accuracy - I don't even have a drill press here.

Nearly all the commercial pumps have nice rigid pump bodies and rollers. I actually wanted to build an eccentric pump.

ep_00_animation.gif

But they don't work well with the idea of rollers on springs. The spring would need to be pretty stiff to squash two lots of hose at the top. This would mean extra pressure on the hose for the rest of the revolution.

Fantastic work! Now to make it clean up after itself... :p

The hard part is always getting rid of the grain.

I'm thinking of a recirc system and a sump, a bit like how a dishwater works. No space for that here, but want to try that with my mk 1 brewbot back in Aus one day.

This little brewbot is actually pretty easy to clean. The grain is pretty easy to deal with thanks to the rigid stainless bag. The stirrer comes off with a single R-clip. Everything is small enough to rinse off in the kitchen sink.

A bit more progress, it might be time for another brew.

A bit more progress, it might be time for another brew.

What part of the process are you using this solenoid, all water in except sparge? (Sorry if you've covered this previously, but its a long thread....)

Just filling the brewing vessel with fresh water at the start.

There is no sparge... BIAB.

Latest posts

Back