Zinc In Beer ...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfridge

Reaction score
Adding Zinc to your beer can stop it getting lightstruck.

Or, so I heard at the B&T talk.

:icon_cheers:

Doubt it. Zinc's an essential nutrient for yeast so it's always there (at least whatever's leftover). Never seen a beer with real hops that doesn't skunk up in the sun.

Doubt it. Zinc's an essential nutrient for yeast so it's always there (at least whatever's leftover). Never seen a beer with real hops that doesn't skunk up in the sun.

think you missed the joke - Zinc works on your nose, so why not in your beer?

I was in that session at B&T as well, and had a good chuckle.

I'm waiting for someone to post a pic of a bottle smeared in zinc cream....

Wes

think you missed the joke - Zinc works on your nose, so why not in your beer?

I was in that session at B&T as well, and had a good chuckle.

Yes. Yes I did. Too busy working and no time to loll around at festivals :(

I'm waiting for someone to post a pic of a bottle smeared in zinc cream....

Wes

thank you bigfridge for your sending me the link.....i ithink that by now the perpertrator of such dis-information, and after all surely thats what the net is all about, has been outed as as the fisher he is...as the presenter commented..blooody twit. The extra o is coompulsoory btw...

K

Damn you fridge for making me look stupid! You know there's no joy in something so easy, right?

<_<

Damn you fridge for making me look stupid! You know there's no joy in something so easy, right?

<_<

Yes, no challenge at all .....

I have been the victim of numerous trolls in my time so I was lookig forward to doing some 'trolling' of my own. Plus I got a good chuckle when Dr K answered Dr Simon.

I look forward to this little known fact making it way into home brewing 'lore.

:icon_cheers:

Dave

Oh, in retrospect you are actually incorrect. You're not talking about "zinc in beer" at all.

Oh, in retrospect you are actually incorrect. You're not talking about "zinc in beer" at all.

Oh dear. Let's not restart the old CB list zinc addition circle jerk. I think this thread started with a big one.

Back