Your House Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Euro Megaswill

95% Wey Pils
5% BB Caramalt
66C
25 IBU Hallertau 60 minutes
S189 @ 12C

Luv the stuff.

Not far from moving into my new house and getting all my fridges set-up. Hoping to have the following:

Blonde

APA

Pilsner (can't wait for my favourite beer to come back into production. It's been two years without one. Fermentation fridge will be up and running soon and the Pilsner will be four weeks later into a keg)

Rotating keg: English Ale or Amber and occasionally with a Stout, Belgian Ale, or others

I'm thirsty, might have an APA now to wash down lunch ...

Tony's LCBA has been in my fridge more times than all the others combined.

Also like to have some wheat beer or wit or currently making my first saison around.

Haven't really got one yet, but I have brewed a galaxy pale quite a few times now, does that count? :beerbang:

Its either Tonys Wit beer,bloody awsome especially now its starting to warm up got another wyeast 3944 in the post now.
Or Dr Smurtos golden ale....also fond of the Landlord too :beer:

I have a seasonal shift,

usually have a dark mild available most of the year but come November it's Weizen time.

cheers

grant

APA - always have some in the keg before brewing anything else. Proportions change, but generally there is always some citra and cascade in the mix, often galaxy and/or Nelson Sauvin.

Perle Malt is the base malt for it, because it's smooth & malty, but not too OTT.

Thinking of bittering the next one with Stella, but whacking Citra & Galaxy at 10m, and dry hopping with cascade.

After the last keg was dry hopped with 50g combo of citra/cascade. Yum!

Goomba

house beer doesnt exist for me but going from bersmith my house styles in order are

APA
AIPA
American Amber
Cream Ale
V/closely followed by weizens of varying gravity. :)

Typically my house beer is a pretty simple pale ale.

90/10 Base malt/Munich 1

Nelson Sauvin to around 35 IBU's with fairly equal additions at 30, 15, and flameout.

Mashed at 66, US05 at 18 for 12 days, conditioned for a week at 2deg. Yummy. Often dry hopped too.

My house beer is probably about to change slightly though. Same grain bill, but have started really getting into B Saaz in a big way.

1. Mooloo Bitter

2. Screwys Red Ale

Recipes in the DB

Screwy
These are both top drops! Recommended.

Mine are -
Mack n Jack african amber clone.
Sierra nevada clone
I'm settling on a yorkshire style for a third - black sheep or hobgoblin.

APA - always have some in the keg before brewing anything else. Proportions change, but generally there is always some citra and cascade in the mix, often galaxy and/or Nelson Sauvin.

Perle Malt is the base malt for it, because it's smooth & malty, but not too OTT.

Thinking of bittering the next one with Stella, but whacking Citra & Galaxy at 10m, and dry hopping with cascade.

After the last keg was dry hopped with 50g combo of citra/cascade. Yum!

Goomba

Try the Bridge rd Stella IPA before you bitter something with Stella. Can be pretty harsh as a bittering hop.

Err.... well this is awkward....

But seriously, I didn't think that beer worked too well. Mine was turbid as hell though, not sure if that's a common thing.

not sure I have a so much a house beer but a house yeast, Cooper re cultured, its a faithful soldier used with varying grain bills

I think it's Bridge Roads - their Galaxy based IPA was puckeringly bitter and not in a nice way. Like microwaving a tea that's been soaking all day.

Whereas, galaxy as a bittering hop is good, if used appropriately. Great as a flavour hop.

It's the same thing as I say to anyone using Nelson Sauvin - it needs to be used right. It isn't saaz, where you can bombard a beer with it and it's forgiving.

It can be very unforgiving and also be very fantastic. It's a juggling act.

Goomba

Tony's Bright Ale Clone is keeping me happy right now on the house beer. :)

Scored myself some fresh Moteuka direct from Auckland on a recent trip. Stopped by Brewer's Co-op not far from Auckland Airport.
Sweated it coming through customs in Melbourne but they were fine as they were pellets. If I'd tried bringing flowers in I would have been in strife.

Tony's recipe on Recipe DB is a ripper for those who haven't tried - even better with the freshest kiwi hops you can source :icon_drool2:

Hopper.

P.S: Linky to Brewers Co-op in kiwiland for anyone planning a trip. Brewers Co-op Linky Dink No affiliation yada yada.

Haven't been all-graining too long and have spent most of the time tweaking DrSmurto's GA to my own taste with about 1/3 Cascade 2/3 Amarillo - such an awesome beer, never misses the spot. Amarillo :icon_drool2:

Back