You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr B.....you appear as sneaky as me.......

Mardoo said:
When every morning after pitching - and I mean EVERY morning - feels EXACTLY like Christmas morning did when you were a kid.
It is weird that pitched yeast only works like the tooth fairy, at night, my cool room is in pitch darkness but no matter when I pitch my yeast either early or late in the day, it doesn't start to work until night falls. The only exception is if you play an Om So Hum Mantra which is what my yeast was subjected too when I was fermenting in the bedroom, then for some unknown reason it would start and work before nightfall.

...when you're in recovery after angiography and get some bad news, but all you can think about is scoring a sweet syringe to imitate hand-pumped beers.

IMG_8121.jpg

Thanks mate.

Actually, Midnight Brew suggested a pre-surgery brew day, and of course I said yes. He's dedicated to the cause!

Mardoo said:
...when you're in recovery after angiography and get some bad news, but all you can think about is scoring a sweet syringe to imitate hand-pumped beers.

attachicon.gif
IMG_8121.jpg
They give me nightmares them ******* things.......squeeze ya friggin hand off...they try.

Hope your not too bad mate, spent most of last year in and out of hospital with angio's.....there OK, its the enforced holiday afterwards that sucks.

You know that you're a dedicated brewer when you're having a Mardoo's pre surgery brew day to wish a good AHB bloke well.

Some fine hops will be needed from Yob.

Set the date Midnight

Thanks guys. The support means a lot. Don't know yet exactly what is going to happen, as I have yet to be assessed by the surgical panel in the cardiac unit.

Back to being a dedicated homebrewer.

You know you're a dedicated homebrewer when $62 for hops becomes $50-ish in your mind.

When you spend the week before going into hospital for a quintuple bypass setting up a lager ferment so - roundabout the time you've recovered - you'll have a stinking good beer to drink.

Hopefully!

Mardoo said:
When you spend the week before going into hospital for a quintuple bypass setting up a lager ferment so - roundabout the time you've recovered - you'll have a stinking good beer to drink.

Hopefully!
Seriously? All the best Mardhu. I did do the same when I just before a spinal fusion. Not quite as serious though.

Dad had the Spinal fusion. Injury from the army carry packs.....first memories of him really.

Mahdu, keep the music flowing mate. We need you back here to keep the quality standards up....

Plus,

no sugar tonight without my Maltoo

Mardoo said:

Hopefully!
Wishing you a speedy recovery Mahdu, good luck mate

edit: why do you have to have such a different name!

Latest posts

Back