You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denobrew said:
I've got my eyes on these now
Hospital, babies, towel heater, maternity ward.

Just a thing of beauty. Not brewing useful, unless the head brewer is feeling a bit delicate and a touch chilly when he's about to......HARDEN THE **** UP, YOU AINT GOING THROUGH CHILD BIRTH!!!

️‍♀️️‍♀️️‍♀️️‍♀️️‍♀️️‍♀️️‍♀️️‍♀️️‍♀️⛹[emoji474]‍♀️[emoji468]

[emoji14]

Denobrew said:
When the wife is giving birth and I'm checking out the oxygen bottle and regulator contemplating how I could oxygenate my wort
I'm not sure why you took your wort along???

welly2 said:
What are you going to call him/her? Citra? Mosaic? Nelson Sauvignon?
Named him Francis George Denman. I wanted Doug, lil Douggie Denman. But she got her way. Nelson got discarded early on.

...... When you quit your job driving a prawn trawler to start work at a new brewery :kooi:

Dan2 said:
...... When you quit your job driving a prawn trawler to start work at a new brewery :kooi:
And then on your first day off for over a month you put down a brew.
In my defence - the big rig is about a week away from commissioning, and I haven't had time for the braumeister in nearly 2 months.
Damn it felt good to pitch that yeast!

When you select food for the dog based on it being in a twist top 30L food grade container
image.jpeg

.... You look at your stir plate(that's been chugging away for 6 weeks solid) and think that's where the bottle neck in production is, I need another(or 2) and possibly double up the flasks while I'm at it?

When you use the vibrations of the washing machine spin mode to activate yeast on the lid. ( works fairly well, a reward for doing the washing)

Ps encircle the flask/jar with a damp towel to avoid it sliding off.

When you are traveling through the outback and every time you spot a silo it makes you want a conical fermenter.

Denobrew said:
When the wife is giving birth and I'm checking out the oxygen bottle and regulator contemplating how I could oxygenate my wort
My Father In Law had a lung transplant and I am regretting not pilfering an odd O2 bottle, regulator and flow meter after the transplant. (All in the name of science)

When every morning after pitching - and I mean EVERY morning - feels EXACTLY like Christmas morning did when you were a kid.

You get obsessed when you start yeast breeding, and think "yeah, I have the bits necessary for another DIY stir plate, but just need another 3L erlenmeyer, because that stuffed smack pack swelled after 3 days, and now I have 2 yeasts on the go that I didn't expect and I don't know which one to sacrifice if push comes to shove".

fw00r said:
A______NCE
Went with Advance 12kg...
Got this
Dont use the barrel for beer stuff (stay with me here).

When the dog eats it all, go to Coles or wherever and get a $15-$20 dollar bag or whatever. Fill up the fancy bin.

Then, you have $70-$75 to spend on beer stuff - EVERY TIME!

Darling, the dog looks hungry again.........

Edit: Guess I think like a homebrewer now.....

Back