Yet Another Brew Stand Design Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wessmith said:
Pro.Pils, just give us a call when your ready - thats one of ours.

Wes
[post="101741"][/post]​
so much plumbing. AAhh I'll be back in a minute or about 4

wessmith said:

Wes
[post="101741"][/post]​
just keep trying lotto!

Dude,

Dexion rocks..looks good painted too.

No stools in this brew house...nothing above chest height.

Looks good mate....!!!!
So, lets get crackin on a all-day, all night, fill up the Wine Barrell full of beer night !

Prost !
:beerbang:

wessmith said:

Wes
[post="101741"][/post]​
Just be there Wes with your balaclava ready when I say go.And we"ll go halves.
Cheers glenn

$38 sounds like a pretty fair price to me for the oxygen. I'm guessing that excludes the bottle rental? If not then why do they charge $100+ for bottle rental for CO2.

Some nice systems surfacing here guys, good work.

Cheers, Justin

Justin,I'm still waiting on the paperwork for the rental and those prices dont inc GST.I'm going to get my lpg, co2 & nitro mix in future from BOC.
One stop shopping!
Cheers Glenn..

Well I have'nt been idle today. Put my sparge arm together.She goes every which way but loose.I ordered 1 from B3 but I could"nt get it to do what I wanted.It's
gone to rest in my plumbing bits box. Interested in comments b4 I solder.
Cheers Glenn.

Picture.jpg

Prof Pils.

Very interesting use for shower arms. :lol: Any reason it needs to be so long? :unsure:

Warren -

They"re just standard size shower arms Warren.It will allow me do any size mash from top to bottom. Unfortunately I wont be able to put the lid on the mash tun whilst in use.I think I'll be watching anyway! The 1 from B3 only had about 6" movement up & down. Lets hope it works. <_< I read somewhere that I need to use a special solder with no lead in it. Does anyone know ?
Cheers Glenn.

Yep,

True story. Look for the Aquasafe Lead-Free brand. They usually have it at Bunnings.

Warren -

Yep, Warrens right. It's called Aquasafe 100, unfortunately it's only available by the roll and is about $23-26. I've never seen it available anywhere but Bunnings-even from plumbing shops, no one knows about it.

As far as I'm aware it is 95% Tin, 5% Antimony or Zn?? Or something like that anyway. 95/5

Cheers, Justin

This is the one I use.

Brand is Kester Aquabond. Available from Bunnings. You can get just the solder for about $15 a roll IIRC. Either that or buy the kit with the recommended flux and brush for around $20. ;)

Warren -

solder.jpg

My roll is a fair bit bigger than that and of a different brand too. Anyway, one and the same.

Why is it that we get shafted on Bunnings prices here in Tassie too by the way. I noticed someone posted that bunnings had a 15m roll of 1/2" for about $50 that they said was in the latest catalogue/flyer. I was in Hobarts bunnings the other day and swung past the plumbing isle and noticed an 18m roll of 1/2" was over $100 bucks. WTF!

Pint of Lager quoted "Latest Bunnings flyer has a 15m coil of 12.7mm for $49. Don't buy it by the metre, I think I had to pay $6.50 a metre the other day from the plumbing suppliers, the scrap metal recyclers had none. "

Pisses me off, that's all. If it was $50 a roll here I'd grab some and make a herms tomorrow. At over $100 I wont. By the way other plumbing places aren't much cheaper.

Justin.

Don't think it's prices that vary so much from Bunnings to Bunnings per se, it's more the stock they carry at the time.

When I went to my local Bunnings they had quite a fair bit of soldering equipment. The range was very confusing as with all things plumbing. I like you got no help from plumbing suppliers like Tradelink either. They suggested I use silver rods. :lol:

May just depend on what they have at the time. Pretty certain the stuff I got was about $15 a roll. There's a fair bit there too. I've already soldered up a few things and still got plenty to spare. Unfortunately lead-free solder just isn't that common. Given the fact it should be used on drinking water pipes you'd think it would be more readily available. :blink:

Warren -

Yeah, sorry I wasn't bitching about the aquasafe so much as the copper. We are getting shafted here, bottom line.

I agree though on the lead free sodler, given it's law in the US (as far as I'm aware) to use lead free solder on water pipes I thought it would be similar here. I asked at Tradelink and a range of other plumbing stores and no-one knew anything about lead free solder and infact told me it doesn't exist.

Of course lead solder on water pipes, nev nve neeev neever did me nun harmmm. :wacko: :unsure: :lol:

I just wish I could pick up some copper that cheap.

Cheers, Justin

Oh bugger! Sorry about that Justin! :eek:

Thought that 1/2 inch solder was a little bit big. :lol: :lol:

Warren -

BTW.

It's always very tempting when you see the Plumber's truck next door with rolls of the stuff just hanging there doing nothing eh? :ph34r:

Note: I've never done it so any Plumbers on the forum don't need to flame me with their very nice torches. ;)

Warren -

re copper tubing
strangely, i found the local mitre10 was much cheaper than bunnins. perhaps they dont sell a lot & it had an old price ;-)

What's wrong with silver solder from a fridge shop? You wont need more than a couple of sticks and its cheaper. No flux req'd for copper to copper.

Latest posts

Back