• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Yeast Swap - Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucas

Nanobrewer
Reaction score
I've bought two packs of wyeast liquid yeast (Belgian Witbeer 3944 and Bavarian lager 2308), which I've split using Ross' pre-smack splitting method into 6 containers for each strain. Since i dont really see myself brewing 6 wheat beers in a row, nor 6 Bavarian Lagers, I was thinking it might be a good idea to try and find people to trade yeast with.

I'd like to get my hands on a more generic liquid lager yeast, and a good all-round liquid ale yeast; Is anyone interested in swapping cultures?

eastern suburbs of Melbourne preferred, purely cause im in box hill and dont feel like driving to the western side of the city

lucas

G'day lucas. At the moment the best I have is some 1084 Irish ale and 2565 kolsch. They have been taken from primary fermentations and washed. Only done recently. PM me if you are keen, hopefully we can get a few more Melbourne brewers interested.
John

*bump*

razz, I'm interested but hastings looks like a long way away on the map. you may need to meet me half way or something. hopefully we can get a few more brewers to come along and swap a whole lot of yeast at once.

Swapping vials of brownish liquid is a pub somewhere - watch out for the Victorian Drug Squad!! :ph34r: Could be some new party drug... Actually it is the first part of that great party drug we call BEER!!

Hope those test tubes are going well Razz, just PM me if you need anymore and I can start another group buy.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back