Yeast removal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just found out that I am intolerant to yeast and Gluten (doesn't look good for someone who likes beer!).

I have done some research and there are plenty of gluten free beer recipes around, that is the easy part. Has anyone done any research into how you can effectively filter beer at the homebrew level to remove all yeast after fermentation?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks

Terry

Brewing with Sorghum is a good idea for those with a gluten intolerance, it contains no gluten.

There are also products on the market that are capable of dropping gluten out of suspension, but they will not completely remove it, so it will depend on your tolerance levels for gluten.
I have PM'd you regarding this.

I don't have chronic allergies to yeast, just get blocked sinuses. So I'm not sure if my level of yeast removal will be sufficient for your allergy level.

I generally cold crash all of my beers for at least 5 days, and then filter through a 0.45 micron filter. I don't notice any sinus blocking unless I have a real session on my beers.

You could also look at Clarity Ferm for gluten-reduced beers. I've not used it yet, but am thinking I might be able to provide beers to my sister who is gluten-intolerant.

Latest posts

Back