Yeast Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for organising everything Voosh. I hope they withstand the pressure cooker/autoclave... :ph34r:

I hope they withstand the pressure cooker/autoclave... :ph34r:

They should do.
When I said boiling water I probably should have been a little clearer. I actually boiled them in the good old Fowlers Vacola preserving urn.
The only thing I'd make sure of is that they don't come into contact with the element or the base of a pot on the stove top.
They'll handle boiling water but near-direct heat from an element or flame might just push them beyond their limits :blink:

that could be a good idea.
although i doubt Voosher is keen to do the organising again.

You could just buy these ones, i bought 100 of them for $28 or so including shipping:

http://www.livingstone.com.au/search_resul...mp;search=a2580

(A2580)

Should be incredibly similar to the ones bought here.

A2580.jpg

DJR
are you using those in place of the "stubby" starter in the fridge.? what Vol are they.? could be a goer.

DJR
are you using those in place of the "stubby" starter in the fridge.? what Vol are they.? could be a goer.

25mL only, still good for storing white labs style quantities of slurry - i use the Chiller yeast storage method and get about 5-10mL of pure slurry. I should have sent you some with the WF the other day ;)

If you want some from me let me know i still have about 50 of them!

Guys, I'm using the old Whitelabs vials - are these ok to re-use? I'm steralising them with boiling water and iodine - any other hints and tips?

Cheers - Mike

And a perfect size they are Voosher, I have a fridge full of them now. :)
Thanks.

Edit typo.

Latest posts

Back