Yeast Book By White And Jamil - Discussion Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me like a lot of brewing texts i read from the page it falls open to get a feel for the book.then i have a serious read,but so far starting out with a pitching temp lower than the ideal works for me and letting the yeast come up to ideal over 12 to 24 hours also the idea of using 2 yeasts to achieve a desired result is something to try.

a book i will keep coming back to over time.

Ordered from BookDepository 8/12 - still waiting... damn holidays.

Keeps looking better and better.

im half way through this book, reading it front to back. its a great read. a lot of it is beyond me, especially when its talking about enzymes and what not..... but its still interesting.

guess what ive taken away so far is that i havnt really given yeast teh respect it deserves. under oxygenating the wort before pitching (not likely to change in the near future, but im aware of it)... and just lots of other little things.

i have probably read most of the important points on this forum before, but for some reason it seems more credible coming from a book (anyone read the bible lately?).....

definitely a must

im half way through this book, reading it front to back. its a great read. a lot of it is beyond me, especially with so many words instead of pictures

We understand Pete, go and have a rest :icon_cheers:

Necro thread bump...anyone ever get this as an e-book? If so, from where? No luck finding it so far online.

A great book to read from cover to cover and also a great book to use as a reference book. I usually do not read books and have not read a book such as this since grade 7 and that was in 1983, yet I have read this book several times. I highly recommend it.

I've got this sitting on the book shelf in my beer/brewing collection but still haven't got around to giving it a good read, as soon as this good weather finishes I'll tackle it I think.

After two Christmases of hints I finally recieved this as a gift ;)

Looking forward to reading it

I've had no luck finding it as an ebook. I hate buying paper books these days, it feels so....ummm....2012. Just seems to make so much sense environmentally to buy ebooks...no printing, no shipping, no handling. Book usually costs less for the buyer, but the author gets the same amount.

Anyway, i've found it on Fishpond, so unless anyone wants to recycle their copy by selling it to me, I guess i'll kill a few more trees next week some time...

carniebrew said:
I've had no luck finding it as an ebook. I hate buying paper books these days, it feels so....ummm....2012. Just seems to make so much sense environmentally to buy ebooks...no printing, no shipping, no handling. Book usually costs less for the buyer, but the author gets the same amount.

Anyway, i've found it on Fishpond, so unless anyone wants to recycle their copy by selling it to me, I guess i'll kill a few more trees next week some time...
I'd never sell my hard copy! iv'e read it twice and im going for a third this time away at sea. Makes me fantasise about having a yeast lab and growing my own yeast, then I think about having my own brewery. I wish!
The only thing I don't get with the book is yeast cell count. Acording to the book and mr malty I under pitch by half the yeast I need but with most of my beers I get active ferment which is done in less than a week, talking Lagers that is. No problems with Diasetyl or any other faults etc. Makes me wonder if they are trying to just sell there yeast?

i hav'nt read my copy (autographed by both authors,((puts nose in the air and sniffs)).yet.
i listened to a podcast about the next book in the series which is about hops.the next one is about water,then grain,making a 4 book reference library.
a handy lot to have in the brewery....cheers...spog....

The book on hops "For the love of Hops" has been released just ordered myself a copy.

Brewed up my first lager in ages so I decided to do a pukkah lager starter from a Wyeast smack pack. Guess what book I dragged out for the occasion. :)

I just grabbed this book on amazon. Hopefully an interesting read!

Latest posts

Back