Yakima Valley hop bulk buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can come into Brissie CBD at lunchtime and pickup if there is room for a few more pounds?

In order of preference depending on number of spots available:

1lb Simcoe
1lb Columbus (CTZ)
1lb Warrior
1lb Magnum

Thanks.

I am keen for 3 x 16oz (subject to the order not being already filled).

Centennial
Columbus
Chinook

I am in Brisbane also.

Thanks,

AdaM.

I just received a 20% off discount code for YVH, which I doubt I'll ever use. I entered a competition for a 'voucher' thinking it was a gift voucher but was just a discount code

You can use it for this BB if you like? Let me know if you're keen & ill PM you the code

Cheers

Samuel Adams said:
No worries, that works for me.

I was thinking;
1lb Centennial
1lb Columbus (CTZ)
1lb Simcoe

and maybe a lb of either Citra, 007, Mosaic or Equinox

tarmael said:
Hey all,

I'm ordering some hops from Yakima Valley Hops (linky), and thought I'd open this to the public. I've ordered from these guys in the past and they're really good, having bulk hops is really cheap and a great excuse to make big hoppy beers.
Order cannot exceed 16 pounds, so if you're ordering pound bags (like me) this order will fill up quickly. First in... Best beer, as they say.
Split bags are welcome, and they cannot export hop leaf, only hop pellets.
Prices are in US$

I have eyes on:
2 x 8ou Citra (they're out of 1lb bags)
1 x 16ou CTZ
1 x 16ou Cascade (open to split with anyone who wants it)

I have eyes on Simcoe, Chinook and Centennial if anyone is up for split bags

Shipping prices are:
4lbs = $33
8lbs = $66
16lbs = $86
Split evenly among buyers

I'm based in Brisbane, the drop-off point is open to discussion. i.e. if there are more Melbourne buyers then it makes more sense to deliver it down there and split it that way.
I'd go halves in a lb of Chinook if your keen on that too

Samuel Adams said:
No worries, that works for me.

I was thinking;
1lb Centennial
1lb Columbus (CTZ)
1lb Simcoe

and maybe a lb of either Citra, 007, Mosaic or Equinox
Change of order for me. Now I'd like;
1lb Columbus
1lb Cascade
1lb Citra

Cheers

When are you planning to order? How long does shipping take? Can they keep the hops cold for the whole journey? I could be interested depending on these factors.

+1 for BankWest platinum card. Also pays for itself, I just received a $500 Woolworths card from 2 years worth of reward points.

If still open I'm in brisbane an would be keen for -

1 lb Bravo
1 lb CTZ

mstrelan said:
How long does shipping take? Can they keep the hops cold for the whole journey?
I've ordered from them a couple of times and from memory it takes 3-4 weeks to get here.
They are not kept cold on the journey.

Just checking if this order is going to be finalised and made?

I have just put through my grain order for the bulk buy, so now need hops.

Thanks,

Adam.

PM sent to breakbeer asking for the discount coupon, but haven't heard back.

Thinking I'll just go ahead without it.

Did you want to finalise orders in any case (and can apply the discount if breakbeer does get back to you)?

My preference has changed to that previously indicated. I am keen for, in order of preference (16oz):

- Columbus
- Centennial
- Cascade
- Simcoe
- Chinook

You may have enough interest to confirm 2 orders.

Thanks,

Adam.

I've replied to the PM with the discount code. Sorry for the late reply, messages weren't showing up in my inbox

I've replied to the PM with the discount code. Sorry for the late reply, messages weren't showing up in my inbox

I'd be keen to get an amount of chinook and maybe cascade. On the Gold Coast so can figure out how to get it from Brissy.

Sorry lads,

The order had filled up from previous bulk buyers.

Yakima Valley Hops have a limit of 16 pounds for orders, so it fills up really quickly.
I can edit the original post asking for a new order if you guys want to get hype about it - it will fill up really quickly, and share the details (real AUD costs, and spreadsheet for calculations) from this order to make it easier.

Damn thought I got in for the eoi last month....

Here's the pricing information for anyone interested in doing another BB from YVH

Current status:
10 days to get to customs
Been in customs for 3 days now.

See column O for discount cost.
See column S for non-discount cost.

Latest posts

Back