Wyeast Propagator Manufacture Date

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalpets

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick one!

Using my first Wyeast propagator pack.

Are the manufactured dates shown on Wyeast yeast packs sold in Australia based on the US dating system, or do those sold in Oz use a non-US dating standard.

My yeast pack shows 3/2/11. Do I need to treat it as 2/3/11 for OZ? (the answer would be obvious if the pack I had was 13-28/2/11)

Thanks

Hi All,

Just a quick one!

Using my first Wyeast propagator pack.

Are the manufactured dates shown on Wyeast yeast packs sold in Australia based on the US dating system, or do those sold in Oz use a non-US dating standard.

My yeast pack shows 3/2/11. Do I need to treat it as 2/3/11 for OZ? (the answer would be obvious if the pack I had was 13-28/2/11)

Thanks

My Wyeast ACTIVATOR packs have the day, MONTH and year clearly stated (eg. 12 May 2010). PROPAGATOR packs I cannot attest to. But neither can I find on our site sponsers or comprehend why the they would be different to the Activators.

My Wyeast ACTIVATOR packs have the day, MONTH and year clearly stated (eg. 12 May 2010). PROPAGATOR packs I cannot attest to. But neither can I find on our site sponsers or comprehend why the they would be different to the Activators.

Sorry!
After i looked at the pack in the fridge I wrote it down as 2/3/2011. An hour or so later (late at night) when I came to use the date in Mr Malty the date issue came to mind. Since your post i took a look again at the pack and sure enough it read 2nd March, 2011. Apologies for revving you up on a wild goose chase.
cheers

Whilst on the subject of Wyeast I've had a pack of Danish Lager in the fridge for a few months, dated August 2010, and finally got round to using it, it took two days to swell but then went like the clappers. Very happy.

Back