Wyeast 1318 London Iii

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back Yard Brewer

I HAVE A WIFE THAT UNDERSTANDS
Reaction score
I have had 2 fermeters @ 18ltrs each of Scotish Strong Ale fermenting for around 16 days now. Average temp 18-20c. The gravity is approximately 1.017 and 7.1% ABV which is around where it should end. OG was 1.072. I was a little concerned about autolysis happening, last night I racked it to secondary and this morning I still have bubbling and a slight krausen forming on top again. One fermenter more so than the other. I have never used London Ale III before and realise it was not the most suitable yeast for this style to use, but I had it available. The photo is around 12hrs after racking. Beer tastes fine.

BYB

IMGP1951.JPG

Try ramping the temp. up to low 20's when still in primary. This will energise the slurry and help the beer reach final gravity.
What temp is the beer at now?

tdh

Try ramping the temp. up to low 20's when still in primary. This will energise the slurry and help the beer reach final gravity.
What temp is the beer at now?

tdh

I have the heater belts on ATM but will need to measure the temp later when I have my thermometer. Will try and push it up to 24c

BYB

Might have to put a woolly jumper over the fermenter as well!

tdh

Latest posts

Back