• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB Spare thermowell

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelldrian

Reaction score
Hey guys before I go off to my local store this weekend thought I would check if anyone around Brisbane south has a spare thermowell, preferably 1/2 inch, with a 7mm Inner diameter to fit the temp probe.

Cheers

They are hard to find at a good price and in stock.
Just ordered 4 from Canada via Hong Kong.
should be here in 4 weeks.
I hope :unsure:

I just ordered one off aliexpress for 15 bucks, I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I sent a message, asking if they do shorter prob's.
They said yes what do you want.
I sent them a pic.
They said yes same price $10.
I said. Thank you. I will have 2 of each please.

I was going to buy the longer version, cut them down, dill them out. and then silver solder back together. Boy'o'boy that would have been hard work, no real tools and in stainless.

Next question is. How many can you buy before import duty's and tax's get involved?
and if I can buy them for $10 bucks why can't the retailers over here do it?
Is it the import duty's, tax's and markup pushing the price to over 3 X or some think else?

This is a sport for the man wanting to save a couple of bucks and still enjoy a good beer.
Not the millionaires.
"I" the Scottish blood flows strong in that one. and proud of it, to he is.
"I" that's our Johnny.

Thermowell.PNG

I believe the tax threshold is $999.99 before the import duty is applied for individuals, not sure about businesses though. So you should be right to buy another 97 units :super: unless the seller declares the value under $1000 of course :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back