• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb- Pinlock Kegs (mytton Rodd)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrnmrsturbo

Reaction score
I'm after any excess pinlock kegs available out there. (not the ones on ebay currently, the older ones) I've posted this before but I thought I'd try get the attention of those outside SA. I am able to arrange courier to pick up. These seem to be disappearing and I would like more to allow me to brew more.

I'm after any excess pinlock kegs available out there. (not the ones on ebay currently, the older ones) I've posted this before but I thought I'd try get the attention of those outside SA. I am able to arrange courier to pick up. These seem to be disappearing and I would like more to allow me to brew more.

Hi,

I have these if your interested? I've had them sitting in the shed for years after I switched to ball locks, they need all new seals. $50 each.

Also I found some more on ebay HERE I have two spare O rings for the lids I'll chuck in but I've had them just as long as I've had the kegs so they might not be good for much.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

What's the harm in using newer pin lock kegs? I do and they're great. Bit of sealant on the lid o-ring and they hold pressure forever.

What's the harm in using newer pin lock kegs? I do and they're great. Bit of sealant on the lid o-ring and they hold pressure forever.
The posts on the older Mytton Rodd kegs are a smaller size. The new plastic QD's are too big.
The OP must have older QD's in his system that fit these keg posts.

The posts on the older Mytton Rodd kegs are a smaller size. The new plastic QD's are too big.
The OP must have older QD's in his system that fit these keg posts.

connectors are pretty cheap. I have one of my taps fitted with threaded connectors. I can switch to ball lock or commercial (evil, evi, evi evilllll!!!!) kegs very easily.

connectors are pretty cheap. I have one of my taps fitted with threaded connectors. I can switch to ball lock or commercial (evil, evi, evi evilllll!!!!) kegs very easily.

Nige is right I have the older ones and why change what's not broken. I have disconnects to suit ball lock and cornelius pinlock for when mates bring beers to share but I'm happy with what I have.
@wortI'm interested in yours and will pm you and I'm already bidding on the others. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back