Wtb Large Stainless Steel Pots In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruntus

Reaction score
Howdy All,

I'm currently in the process of upgrading to a single tier brewery and need 2 more large stainless steel pots. I already have a 120litre Chinese made pot that I picked up off ebay 2 years ago....$50 for a well used noodle/soup pot. It's pretty cheaply made but it works well....once I insulated it.

Does any one know where I can pick up 2 more of these types of pots in Sydney. There use to be a guy on eBay selling these pots but I can't find him there anymore.

Grant.

Howdy All,

I'm currently in the process of upgrading to a single tier brewery and need 2 more large stainless steel pots. I already have a 120litre Chinese made pot that I picked up off ebay 2 years ago....$50 for a well used noodle/soup pot. It's pretty cheaply made but it works well....once I insulated it.

Does any one know where I can pick up 2 more of these types of pots in Sydney. There use to be a guy on eBay selling these pots but I can't find him there anymore.

Grant.
bump for the evening crew....otherwise I might have to visit every asian grocery shop in Sydney

These are probably a bit smaller then the ones you are after but JEZ sent me a PM about brew pots the otherday.

I've seen some big stainless-looking pots in the back of this asian cheapie shop in Bankstown Old Town Plaza near Bankstown train station. The stainless looks like the thinner variety but they look about 50L or more maybe. Can't remember exactly how much they are asking but i've got a funny feeling the biggest was $140-ish but they've been sitting there for ages so you could probably talk them down a bit.

Maybe they would know where to get larger ones?

These are probably a bit smaller then the ones you are after but JEZ sent me a PM about brew pots the otherday.

I've seen some big stainless-looking pots in the back of this asian cheapie shop in Bankstown Old Town Plaza near Bankstown train station. The stainless looks like the thinner variety but they look about 50L or more maybe. Can't remember exactly how much they are asking but i've got a funny feeling the biggest was $140-ish but they've been sitting there for ages so you could probably talk them down a bit.

Maybe they would know where to get larger ones?

Cheers for the heads-up....I'll try and get some more info.

Also try your local weekend markets.

A few years back at my local Bankstown Markets at the trotting club I picked up a 60L stainless Malleys-style washing "copper" for $30. It's basically a stainless drum on legs & they ocassionally turn up on ebay as "crab boilers". Replace the tap with a ball valve & you're all set. I now have 2 in my system - one as a HLT and one for the kettle. The same guy was also selling huge 2nd hand aluminium pots.

Worth a look.

Jez

I wonder if allquip do bulk buys - anyone inquired before? I want 2 ss pots

I wonder if allquip do bulk buys - anyone inquired before? I want 2 ss pots
Might be worth a try.....it's the logistics of delivery/distribution that work against you on bulky items.

I have also found a mob in Melbourne that do a Roband (98L) knockoff for about $210. I will see if they can send me a picture of it that I can post here.

I have found another online supplier in Sydney that stocks 88L & 150L stainless steel pots....will report back here when pricing comes through.

i just got my 80L Al. pot from allquip. $110
its massive, just fits in my rig.
started putting holes for ball valve, thermo and sight glass in this arvo.
much easier than putting the holes in the keggle

brew_rig_new_pot.JPG

Cheers,

Stew

Hi Gruntus

Im looking to upgrade to something like 80-100L (stainless), so would be interested in what you find.

Gregor

Hi Gruntus

Im looking to upgrade to something like 80-100L (stainless), so would be interested in what you find.

Gregor
No problems....will keep you posted.

Are you using gas or electric?

If you are using gas then these may not be suitable as I don't know the thickness of the base. I waiting for pricing and specs.

Might be worth a try.....it's the logistics of delivery/distribution that work against you on bulky items.

I have also found a mob in Melbourne that do a Roband (98L) knockoff for about $210. I will see if they can send me a picture of it that I can post here.

Gruntus,
I would also be interested in something slightly larger than 120 liters.
I have a 98 Liter Robinox which will become my mash tun but I need more volume for the HLT and the Kettle :)

Thanks

Roller

When we were in Sydney for NYE my GF went shopping at Bankstown and came home with a huge SS pot, I'd guess it's about 60l and it cost about $30 - but they also had bigger and smaller ones in stock at the time.
She got it from a "cheapie shop in Bankstown" and the best directions I can get from her is that it's in the middle of Bankstown; if you are walking over the bridge (from North to South) that crosses the train tracks and keep going straight ahead, you'll run into it, its a "big discount shop thing".
Google maps shows it as 26-28 Chapel Rd S, and 2 doors down from the NAB.

There is a place that sells large stainless pots, as well as aluminium ones, opposite the Ritz Hotel on Forest Rd in Hurstville.

They are quite flexible on price if you are willing to bargain too. They were comparable in price to the guys who used to be on Ebay. The Ebay guys also had a shop over in Kingsgrove, but I hadn't ever visited them before they disappeared.

If anyone wants I'll post the details next time I walk past. There'd be 100 litre pots and up there from observation, you can see their stock in the window from the street.

Cheerz Wabster.

Thanks for the posts.....I will check these guys out as well

There is a place that sells large stainless pots, as well as aluminium ones, opposite the Ritz Hotel on Forest Rd in Hurstville.

They are quite flexible on price if you are willing to bargain too. They were comparable in price to the guys who used to be on Ebay. The Ebay guys also had a shop over in Kingsgrove, but I hadn't ever visited them before they disappeared.

If anyone wants I'll post the details next time I walk past. There'd be 100 litre pots and up there from observation, you can see their stock in the window from the street.

Cheerz Wabster.
I just spoke to them on the phone....Yep she has 98L stainless but she wouldn't give a price - "You come in then we talk price". So she definately sounds like she's up for some bargaining.

If you could wander in and have a chat to her that would be appreciated :icon_chickcheers: . Maybe take some pics if you get a chance or see if you can find out who the manufacturer is.

Latest posts

Back