Wtb Large 120-150l Stainless Pot In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows of a decent source to obtain 120-150 liter pots in Melbourne.
I require two of these vessels and they don't have to be identical in size either as long as they are larger than 120 liters.
I would prefer a decent quality pot, however it may come down to availability and price.

Thanks

Roller

Allquip go as high as 140L in TRENTON aluminum for $178. They do have SS; you may want to contact to see what they can do in stainless, as interested. I've shipped 100L to Melbourne before and it's quite reasonable, sub $20.

Otherwise, you may want to look at local catering trade rags, greys online, etc.

Local Chinese/Vietnamese stockpots may be comparable in price but will lack in quality compared to allquip's selection. Check wall thickness, diffuser base compare, etc.

Best of luck
reVox

Various shops in Springvale have numerous large steel and aluminum pots - often at resonable prices - however they're often thin-walled so have a good look around and check for quality etc.

I got my 120L alu pot from a asian food store on Victoria St about halfway down from Burnley St. There a few stores on Vic St who sell massive pots but be carefull cause i could of got mine a bit cheaper online but i just got a bit excited that day.

Thanks for that - I will contact Allquip to see if they have larger sized stainless pots. The postage is very reasonable for such a large item.
If they can't help me, I will have a look around at Springvale as well to see if I can find a good quality stainless vessel with thick enough walls.

In either case, if I get lucky I will report back.

Thanks

Roller

CellarPlus (Nth Melb & Peel St) have 90L Ally pots for around $110/$115 (can't remember exact but it was cheap - got the price quoted to me last year).

Ring them and ask if they do a larger size. That's the cheapest I've seen for one that size- they have told me these pots are chinese made - but they scouted around a few suppliers o/s to find one of the better ones they reckon as they know that brewers/winemakers prefer a bit of thickness in the pot.

Hopper.

I got my 120L alu pot from a asian food store on Victoria St about halfway down from Burnley St. There a few stores on Vic St who sell massive pots but be carefull cause i could of got mine a bit cheaper online but i just got a bit excited that day.

For the effort of a drive to Victoria St there are plenty of pot options. 2-3 good kitchenware suppliers. i wouldnt be suprised if you leave with a few kitchen goodies too! ;)

The Blichmann pots go up to 200ltr but the asking price I think is around $1k.

The Blichmann pots go up to 200ltr but the asking price I think is around $1k.

I found the Blichman pot some time ago and they look awesome.
The downside of the 200 litre pot is that it is almost too big, not in stock at the moment and quite expensive at $1195 for what I want. If they had a no frills option without some of the standard features as a kettle then it might bring the price down a bit.

The 114 liter boilers look quite attractive too and given the standard features that they include. If I hadn't bought a 98liter Robinox as my mash tun, I would be very tempted to go for one of those with their false bottoms.

For the effort of a drive to Victoria St there are plenty of pot options. 2-3 good kitchenware suppliers. i wouldnt be suprised if you leave with a few kitchen goodies too! ;)

I think you have me convinced to schedule a Saturday morning trip to Victoria Street Richmond.
I will pay CellarPlus a visit to see if they have access to larger stainless pots of reasonable quality.

Thanks

Roller

Did a quick search and found Chefland 286 Victoria St, and Unicorn Group 403-405 Victoria St.

Fourstar are these kitchenware places worth a look or are you talking about Asian grocers? Might have a peek myself this week as I love a bargain.

Have found the pots at places to be quite highly priced at places like Chef's Hat (Sth Melbourne near Market - seem to be only the high end Robinox types) and Hotel Agencies (Nicholson St Fitzroy). But at those have found some good utensils (like steel ice scoops good for grain, pizza paddles you can turn into mash paddles) at places like this though. Hotel Agencies has been particularly good and from time to time have 20% off sales.

Hopper.

Did a quick search and found Chefland 286 Victoria St, and Unicorn Group 403-405 Victoria St.
Fourstar are these kitchenware places worth a look or are you talking about Asian grocers? Might have a peek myself this week as I love a bargain.
Have found the pots at places to be quite highly priced at places like Chef's Hat (Sth Melbourne near Market - seem to be only the high end Robinox types) and Hotel Agencies (Nicholson St Fitzroy). But at those have found some good utensils (like steel ice scoops good for grain, pizza paddles you can turn into mash paddles) at places like this though. Hotel Agencies has been particularly good and from time to time have 20% off sales.
Hopper.

specifically kitchenware places. the one 3/4 of the way up towards swan st from nicholson st on the LHS is a corker, so is the one just over swan street on the RHS if going towards IKEA/Vic Gardens (Chefland).

I got my ali pot from there a few years back and its a good value for money option. i think one of them has the Forje brand pots too for their stainless variety. just watch out for the thin walled pots.

Fourstar,
Thanks again for the hints about the kitchen supply shops in Victoria Street.
Only Chefland had larger than 100 liter stainless pots and they were the non sandwich base type with 1.2mm thick walls.
120 liter was $329 and 150 liter was $399
They had the same Robinox that I have (98 liter) for $649, which gives you an indication what their pricing is like with standard stuff.
They had Rambo burners but I couldn't find the price and was in a bit of a hurry.
Lots of good stainless & aluminium cookware so well worth the trip.

The Unicorn group didn't have any stainless pots over 100 liters and similar deal to Chefland. On some small items they were a bit cheaper (stainless trays & bowls).

I think I might have to contact the folks that do the 114 and 200 litre US imported pots. Another option is to get a hold of a couple of Aquamax stainless hot water systems as they are 150 liters (and unfortunately not all that suitable as a kettle).

Cheers

Roller

They had the same Robinox that I have (98 liter) for $649, which gives you an indication what their pricing is like with standard stuff.
They had Rambo burners but I couldn't find the price and was in a bit of a hurry.
Lots of good stainless & aluminium cookware so well worth the trip.

damn thats expensive. I heard the price or rambos went up due to their manufaturing costs as one point. I got my rambo wok burner with automatic ignition for 180 from memory.

Yeah Ali pots are worthwhile if you are not interested in having stainless bits welded, also alot cheap for the size you are after.. If its a weldless setup you are pretty much right as rain.

Itas funny in there. Some things are very OTT with their pricing, others are super cheap and definitly bargains!

Back