• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb - Fridgemate Or Similar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
Wanted to Buy - temp controller

my fridgemate got drenched and died. so before i go and buy a new temp controller from evilbay or one of the sponsors, I thought i see if anyone has one sitting around that they dont want. Its for cooling so the pure heating ones arent any good to me.

Cheers

go see dave if you ( or call him 9432 0283) can he has the cheap chinese ones same as the ebay ones. not as good as the tempmate imo but does the job

go see dave if you ( or call him 9432 0283) can he has the cheap chinese ones same as the ebay ones. not as good as the tempmate imo but does the job
Thanks Fents.

I have one of THESE on hand spare. Can ship express post tomorrow if need be...0448 955 356.

Not asking anything for it if you need it now, just get one shipped to me via ebay to replace it. Can assure they work well as I already have one installed on my fridge and it is perfect - tested with a alcohol thermo.

I was looking at buying one of those, are they not worth it ?
P.S not trying to jump in on CM2 just wondering if there ok for fermenting but not heating or just crap and will only last a short time.

cheers
Matt
I have one of THESE on hand spare. Can ship express post tomorrow if need be...0448 955 356.

Not asking anything for it if you need it now, just get one shipped to me via ebay to replace it. Can assure they work well as I already have one installed on my fridge and it is perfect - tested with a alcohol thermo.

I've got one that seems to be doing a good job. It's reading 0.3 degrees lower than my Hanna lab thermo.

the question is how long they last at the current quality/accuracy.... at least with a fridgemate you know the quality is unquestionable.

Pulled mine apart last night and it seems that the wire connectors have rusted. Im going to try and replace them and see if that was creating a short. I figured the unit's actually fried but its worth a shot just for fun.

the question is how long they last at the current quality/accuracy.... at least with a fridgemate you know the quality is unquestionable.

Pulled mine apart last night and it seems that the wire connectors have rusted. Im going to try and replace them and see if that was creating a short. I figured the unit's actually fried but its worth a shot just for fun.

Too true, I saved a computer that got caught in the rain at an airport that way, pulled her down gave everything a wipe down with acetone, followed by meths and left it for a week to "dry". No lost data, no noticeable drop in performance (it was 1995, so it would have been hard to spot anyway), the machine lasted me the rest of my uni career....

Good luck! :)

thanks for the offer but ive decided to go a fridgemate as i know i can easily get a replacment if the unit is faulty. if it was just for a fermenting fridge or something rather than my kegerator which has all my yeasts in there too, then id get a chinese import, but i figure ill go with tried and tested reliability.

I have a Mashmaster Tempmate that I no longer use. It is mounted in a jiffy box and all leads etc are connected. Just plug in and use. Cost is $40 plus postage.
Cheers
billygoat

Contact Dr Kurtz at Mashematics. He has some coming in from China that are really well priced...

Latest posts

Back