• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Crown Seal Stubbies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Reaction score
As per title- after some bottles. yes, i know both kegs and tallies are easier, cheaper etc, but i prefer stubbies. Looking for between 60 - 150ish

Cheers,

Stef

I got maybe 100 or so JS and LC crown stubbies, I'm in Croydon Pk, PM me. Cheers

As per title- after some bottles. yes, i know both kegs and tallies are easier, cheaper etc, but i prefer stubbies. Looking for between 60 - 150ish

Cheers,

Stef

Tried to pass the ones I have on the S.A Xmas Case Swap thread but to no avail :( So I will put it out there again, I have at least 60 brand spanken new stubbies. Similar shape to the crown lager stubbie. The ones I have a crown seal and not the twist type.

BYB

Edit: These stubbies are free!

If anyone is Melbourne is feeling that ^ generous, I will take as many stubbies as I can. Ran out of every size of bottle I could cap today and save what I drink in the next 3-4 days, I am screwed with bottling my mini batches! Lol

And yes, vie even bought bottles in the past. Of course, I could just go buy a coopers plastic set but if any melb stubby haters here, I have a home :)

Tried to pass the ones I have on the S.A Xmas Case Swap thread but to no avail :( So I will put it out there again, I have at least 60 brand spanken new stubbies. Similar shape to the crown lager stubbie. The ones I have a crown seal and not the twist type.

BYB

Edit: These stubbies are free!

Sounds great mate, where abouts are you? In the barossa? I'm eastern suburbs adelaide...

And thanks glaab, i'll let you know if i need them soonish!

Sounds great mate, where abouts are you? In the barossa? I'm eastern suburbs adelaide...

And thanks glaab, i'll let you know if i need them soonish!

Nuriootpa. As Barossa as you can get.

BYB

Hey BYB, are you ever in/near/closer to Adelaide? If you are i'll come grab them off you, otherwise might be a bit far for me to come to grab them!

Cheers,

Stefan

Hey BYB, are you ever in/near/closer to Adelaide? If you are i'll come grab them off you, otherwise might be a bit far for me to come to grab them!

Cheers,

Stefan
If you're going to use stubbies, do be careful with your priming and making sure
your ferments finish sufficiently.

If bulk priming, suggest start by aiming for levels around two CO2 volumes and
see if that gives you enough carbonation (though this could take longer to fully
carb up) and then increase if needed.

Not all stubbies are equal (in strength) - I posted before here about checking the
weight of bottles vs. bottle size on figuring whether they are strong enough.

Tom.

Yeah, i'll make sure its finished fermenting before bottling! My bro had some bombs in the basement a few years ago....

Anyone know what the thickest bottles are that are fairly available? (i.e. not hell hard to find) Sounds like the james squires stubbies are pretty good?

Yeah, i'll make sure its finished fermenting before bottling! My bro had some bombs in the basement a few years ago....

Anyone know what the thickest bottles are that are fairly available? (i.e. not hell hard to find) Sounds like the james squires stubbies are pretty good?
Well, if you feel like buying some cartons of Grand Ridge (bit on the
pricey end, but I think their beers are quite good - or if you happen
to be at Stringy Brae winery in the Clare Valley, they have Waldie's
Lager made by Grand Ridge), their stubbies are really solid - assuming
they haven't changed bottle type since I last looked.

Back