Wtb: Cheap Hb Kits In Brisbane Qld For Xmas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongbeer

Reaction score
Hey fellers,

I want to get my 2 brothers a home brew kit each for xmas. Does anyone out there know if the complete kits are going on special anywhere? Preferably brisbane southside, while i'm down that way next week.

Cheers,

Strongbeer

Make your own kit up. Go to bunnings and get the water tube with the red lids (look like fermenters ) They are good to go with a tap they sell there as well. About 12 bucks each or something like that for the fermenters and a couple of bucks for the tap. Just tell them to not use the lid and use the rubber seal out of it and use that to secure glad wrap over the top/threads. You of course can pop a hole in the lid and put a seal and bubbler in it. Guaranteed, they will use glad wrap quickly as a lot of brewers do. Buy them a kit...lager maybe, a tea bag hops for a lager and a kilo of light malt to put with the kit ( fermentables ). Throw in a big spoon and FG/OG kit and they are away.

Yeah, like start them off with something simple like a lager :icon_cheers: hey, maybe they could ferment it out on their decks in Toowoomba... in Summer... ooh, hang on...

Maybe smosh together a Smurto's golden ale extract version, throw in some nice yeast and help them out along the way. Don't forget they'll need bottles or something to put the beer in after it's done...

It's a great idea for a gift, but it might be a bit like choosing a puppy for someone who lives in a 14th floor apartment and works abroad ...

Instead of starting another thread, i have decided to add on to this one.

The kits are almost done: Fermenters, spoons, etc. i have two different cans, a Coopers Mexican and a Coopers Aussie Pale Ale.
As far as ingredients go, i'm thinking of throwing a bag and some spec grain, hops........ aswell. Am i slightly pushing it? or should i just give em' the kits and the kilo of dex?

Edit: Scruffy, I just noticed the slightly invisible text! (eyesight is obviously sharper in the morn :D ) i know they want the kits for xmas cos i dropped a few hints at the middle of the year

If they like the beer you brew try them on something like that. I reckon both those kits benifit well with the BE2 and 500g ldme or 1kg ldme then add a hop bag of your choice. The specility grain bag is a nice idea.

And a tub of Nappysan and a bottle of bleach and a couple of those yellow cloths.

Latest posts

Back