• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - All grain setup - preferably single vessel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nj11

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After putting down a fair few extracts and a 5L BIAB batch in the fridge I am pretty keen to get a more reasonably sized all grain setup (25L is fine). I have my eye on something like the grainfather or Robobrew but am trying to stick to a budget so thought I would try this channel first.

I am open to BIAB options but would like to keep the clutter down as I already have too many hobbies filling up the garage!

Located in Melbourne, Cheers

I have a 65lt SS pot i am looking to get rid of but i havnt really thought of a price. Say $70? I used it with a 5500w element which is way over kill so it would need a more appropriate element. It has the housing for the element and a hole drilled for the element and one for a ball valve thread assembly. It also comes with a custom made double layer brew bag.

The housing for the element is as per the Electric Brewery setup but it was always a bit problematic so another option might be better.

65lt can do a double batch with added boil water so it may be more than what your after. If your interested after that disapointing sales pitch im i Werribee.

Not sure if it helps but I grabbed a second hard Zhongguo urn, 48L and my biab bag. It is truly awesome, and finally got me off years of ghetto methods.

Bag in, mash, hoist, boil. Does not get easier.

40L Crown urn.
Or if you're looking to cut down completely just get a bigger s/s pot.
Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Not sure if it helps but I grabbed a second hard Zhongguo urn, 48L and my biab bag. It is truly awesome, and finally got me off years of ghetto methods.
Bag in, mash, hoist, boil. Does not get easier.
How much was your Chinese Urn? 48L is a nice size.

I paid $80 second hand but seen them on evilbay for up to $150.

I will say that I reckon that it's 42l with the electric components being the balance but either an esky or overgrav brewing, I can get 2 cubes from one run.
Stouter said:
40L Crown urn.
Or if you're looking to cut down completely just get a bigger s/s pot.
How much was your Chinese Urn? 48L is a nice size.

Thanks for the advice/offer guys. To be honest I hadn't really considered doing BIAB in an urn but maybe this is a good option. I won't rule out your pot Beer God, just need to do some more research and suss out elements etc.
Cheers!

Ill post some pics up when I get a chance but an urn is a very good option. Keep an eye out on Gumtree and the like a for a 2nd hand one perhaps. A lot less mucking around than setting up an electric stock pot. Have a read though some BIAB threads and see what other people are using to get an idea.

Latest posts

Back