• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB 9ltr keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew mart in perth has brand new italian made ones, but you have to donate your first born child to get one.

The Brew Shop in Peakhurst had a few new Italian ones last time I was there, for around $140 I think. Well worth the extra spend over the dodgy Keg King ones.

I've sent emails to a few places, I'll wait for replies and post prices next week (after keg reopen and reply) I'm looking at getting prices for both the Chinese and the corny (AEB) 9.5l kegs, when I get the best price for both I'll post them up and we can make a decision on which ones to get

I have 3 of the AEB ones and they are the best. I also have a firestone/ mytton rodd one. Built like a tank but have different valves and seals but good.

I would buy another AEB if the price is right.

Best price in Australia I found was Winequip in Melbourne about $145 retail. They may do a bulk buy?

Mine all cost around $100 - $120 used but all are in mint condition.

There are sellers OS on ebay in Italy and the USA. See this listing 281071191161

Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Im definatly intersted in an AEB BB, If they last aslong as all of our current 2nd hand corny keg that were most likely thrown around & abused by kids working at mcdonalds etc then i think the extra 40$ would be well spent. (just a rough guess)

BUMP

I would like a couple too, if the price is right.

Same here dependant on price and i've got a mate who travels lots (subsequently needs to brew smaller batches for home use) who's also looking for smaller kegs.

I've asked Peter Kopiec at Winequip a few times in email about discounts on bulk buys and he just ignores that question in his email responses, so I gave up.

If someone has better luck with him, I'd be up for at least 2! His contact details are below.

[SIZE=11pt]Peter Kopiec[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]P: 03 9462 4777[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]M: 0412 001 191[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Free Call: 1300 882 850[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]59 Banbury Rd, Reservoir Vic 3073[/SIZE]

I've got a 9L keg king. Does the job but I wouldn't buy any more of them. The AEB ones are definitely worth it. You can probably even pass it onto your kids when you cark it.

There's not much difference in the cost price vs RRP for the Italian 9L kegs. If you can get a measly 10% discount off the RRP of $140-145 from your local brew shop, you'll be at pretty much the same price as what you'd get for a bulk buy for a LOT less hassle.

I've bought 2.5 & 3 gallon kegs from Chi Company too, & this works out at over $130 each with shipping, but I have to say I love the extra capacity of the 3g (12L) kegs, but hated having to deal with the uselessness that is Chi's customer service & long shipping times...

I popped in to Keg King today and they have about 60 of the plain stainless 9.5l kegs left. After that they are changing to a different design with a rubber bottom and a higher price. I asked how much would we be looking at per unit if we were to take 50 kegs. I was told it would need to be organised and confirmed with the boss but " probably about $60 per keg " was the response. I would definitely take 2 at that price but honestly don't have the knowledge or time to organise a bulk buy.
The kegs look fine to me, but I am no expert. What are the REAL issues people have with these kegs?
Has anyone had a keg break?
Has anyone had infections because of poor manufacturing?
Has anyone had one of these kegs leak?
I ask this because I know that some people can afford the good stuff and when they look at the cheaper items they find faults and post online without actually having tested the gear.
I would love to hear from the people that have actually used these kegs and what their experience is of them.
I reckon we could easily get enough interest on here to take all the old stock from Keg King and maybe even get a better price.
Hope this info helps.
Neal

If a bulk buy were to be a goer I'd be keen on a couple. Would probably prefer rubber base kegs. Not from any experience of those without, just seems more robust to me. Still if the price was right I'd help Keg King clear out their old stock.

A mate has 2 of the KK 9l jobbies, the one thing we found is the prv is not too great, slightly bump it and it lets the gas out, drained a bottle of co2 over night. We fixed it by getting a couple of longer springs. Apart from that no other issues FWIW... Cheers...

Edit: If the BB is a goer we'd be up for 4.

If the BB goes ahead I'd be up for at least two.

I have two of the 19L keg king kegs (same design as the 9L I'm pretty sure) and have had no issues other than the poppets sometimes don't seat properly when removing the liquid d/c and sprays beer/liquid out. Connecting, turning and disconnecting the disconnect seems to seat the poppet seal properly, it is of course not an issue when the keg is empty and un-pressurised and a simple press with the fingernail will re-seat it. I haven't investigated replacing the poppets with higher quality ones so don't know if this is possible (can't see why it wouldnt be). Also really sucks they don't have rubber ends like the corneilius ones, but I haven't damaged mine yet.

I'm up for four. The little 9L ones fit my keg fridge perfectly.

I have four currently in use and haven't had any issues.

I'd be up for one (maybe two) at that price. Cheers.

I'd be up for a couple provided the shipping costs didn't blow out too much.

Latest posts

Back