• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB 9ltr keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just speaking from my experience with the KK 9L. As soon as i got it, i noticed both the gas and liquid disconnects extremely hard put onto the posts, even with lubricant. So bad that i went back to HBS and bought 2nd hand cornie gas & liquid posts which fixed the problem straight away.

Not sure if mine was a bad batch but the KK posts have a really big lip from where they are lathed, plus on mine the gas connect could fit onto both the gas AND liquid posts, while the liquid disconnect would only fit onto the liquid post. strange.

Also the lid seal/oring wasn't the best. Quite thin compared to a cornie one. Probably wasn't going to do any harm but i replaced that just to be safe.

All in all, and not meaning to badmouth the KK ones, perhaps I just had a bad experience but i'd be going for the more expensive AEB ones given that you know the quality won't be an issue.

Latest posts

Back